Friday, November 7, 2008

Scribbles and Randomness

Yesterday I found out that LadyStyx from LadyStyx’s Place gave me the Superior Scribbler Award!

And that’s a great word to describe me. I usually scribble out my posts on pieces of scrap paper during train rides (like now) and then type them up once I get to a computer.

There are several rules to this one so let me make sure I cover all the bases:

*Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends. (Look below!)

*Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award. (Check!)

*Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains The Award. (Check!)

*Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor! (Check!)

*Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog. (Done!)

I’ll be passing the torch on to:

Suz at Alive in Wonderland
Joyce at {sugarlens}
Heidi at Fancy Feet
Maki at w/ Love, Sincerely – Posh Mom’s Diary
Joy at Joy de Vivre Design

*****

I was also tagged by Noah’s Mommy at Project Mommyhood and so I have to share seven random things about myself:

1. When I’m not writing in the train, I’ll kill time by choosing an ad at a train station and counting the number of times I see it throughout the commute.
2. My tolerance for smokers is pretty much non-existent.
3. I’ve yet to see any mole people living in the subway tunnels, but I always keep an eye out just in case.
4. My sneakers are a size 4.
5. I don’t like Mexican food.
6. It’s taken me two months to get through The Geography of Bliss and I’ve had to renew it four times.
7. I’ve YET to start packing and so I will begin to freak out in approximately eight hours.

I’m not tagging anyone for this (and frankly it’s quite liberating to say “No, thanks” to all these rules). Instead, feel free to share a couple random facts about yourself with me!

13 comments :

  1. Congrats, you deserve it. ou always have great writing skillz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking at Geography of Bliss on my shelf--what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award my dear, you deserve it! :) Also really fun to read those 6 random things about you, I love random things! :D

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I enjoy your random facts....always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, congratulations!

    Second, thanks for another award! I have gotten so many from you. Maybe I should play by the rules and start posting the awards on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone with smaller feet than me??? I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. franco, thanks so much!

    maki, thank you :)

    merc, It was fine in the beginning and it has its funny moments, but after the first couple of countries it just drags. Or maybe I just got tired of the premise/concept. I'm not laughing as much as I hoped I would.

    s-c, I love randomness too. Keeps things interesting!

    wife o riley, thanks for the compliment!

    heidi, can't have you guys snoozing around here :p

    sugarlens, yes! No more breaking rules for you!

    colby, Believe it woman. I usually make people feel better (read: taller) when they stand next to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are well deserving of the award ;).

    You must be a bitty thing with such tiny feet. Sounds like my mom, she's only 5' and a bit over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for giving me the award! And I'm 4'9" so yeah, I guess you could say I'm tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being a Superior Scribbler! You're lucky to be able to do scribbling while on the train. I'd get motion sickness from reading the words and either puke or pass out. Do I hear an ewwwwwwww?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww thank you for giving me an award! I am off to post it now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.