Saturday, November 8, 2008

Going, Going...

I think I packed too much.

No, I know I packed too much.

Man, I am the worst at this. You'd think after a year and a half in a long distance relationship and driving out every couple of weeks I'd have this thing down, but nooo.

Anyway, I'm heading out in 20 minutes and I think I have everything settled.

-I have 5000 clothing options plus a couple outfits in case an invitation to a glamorous gala pops out of nowhere (hey, it could happen!)
-I have my chicklit (how happy was I to realize that underneath the bright pink jacket of Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret? lies a much more respectable black cover? I think I'll read it with my glasses on for good measure.)
-I have the magazine version of chicklit: Cosmo
-I've unplugged most household appliances, electronics, etc (because Con Ed is a merciless money-sucking beast).
-I dropped in a 7-day betta tablet in Clifford's tank and hope I don't find him relaxing at the top of the tank when I get back.
-And I have a bunch of great posts scheduled for each day so be sure to check in and see what's going on!

P.S. Remember when I totally forgot to check my passport's expiration date until LAST NIGHT?! I'm such a dope. I lucked out big time (expires next summer)!

7 comments :

  1. I ALWAYS pack too much! It's better to have too much than too little. And you can always get some hot guy to carry it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu can never pack too much...a well prepared woman is ready for any circumstance....because you really don't know where you'll go...or who you'll meet...and you must always look your best...(or so Ann Landers says)....and my mother for that reason....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time - and feel good that you have unleashed your inner prepared scout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna miss you dorkys :(
    make sure to take lots f pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to go through dry as toast withdrawal.....it won't be the same without you.

    Have fun!!! The Sophie Kinsella book is the perfect chicklit read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im with Noah's Mommy, you can never have too much packed and even then you'll STILL end up out shopping for something.

    Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got back from Vegas- I packed 2 suitcases and a HUGE VS bag. I was there only 1 full day. You really never know when a gala invite will show up!
    Cant wait till ya come back.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.