Sunday, November 9, 2008

Franco the Poet

[Franco from RiverMist Expressions has chosen to share one of his poems with us! And stay tuned for a selection of his artwork coming up at 3 pm today!]


What was that?!
By Franco Bejarano

Shhh!
I’m trying to enjoy my bath,
All those bubbles covering the bottom of the tub make feel secured.
-Splash-
Wait!
What was that?!
I felt a rush through my leg,
I need to dive down there and see.
-Splash-
-
Everything is so blurry underwater.
Wait!
There it is,
hiding behind the seaweed,
I must chase it.
Wait!
Don’t go! Who are you?!
Its slender tail makes the water shake,
was it a monster or a goddess?
I guess I’ll keep following it.
-
Finally!
Face to face with that monster.
Wait!
That’s not the face of a monster!
It’s the face of a girl,
with the body of a fish -
she wanted me to follow her to her underwater home,
I couldn’t wait!
But I was out of air,
wait for me,
I’ll come back.
-
-Splash-
I made it to the surface to catch my breath.
Wait!
Where are the bubbles?!
I can see the bottom of the tub,
I tried to dive down but nothing happened,
I guess I’ll never see her again.
-
Bath is over,
I’m dried, dressed and clean,
It’s time to go to sleep,
good night…
-
Wait!
I forgot to let the water go,
to the bathroom!
-
-Splash-
Wait
What was that?!

Forest Landscape, soft pastels on paper

2 comments :

  1. How cute! Love the landscape as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every child's imagination thinks there's something in the bathtub with them. Thank you for bring that back to us, Franco.

    Forest Landscape is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.