Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 5: Adios Amigos

Dear Journal: Boo. It’s time to go :(

I just went to the beach to grab some sand and was going to sit on the steps to write from there, but holy crap it’s hot. Plus I look like a freak wearing jeans, a long-sleeved shirt and sneakers for the trip back (because it could very well be snowing in NYC right now).

Argh, I don’t want to go back. It’s so beautiful here. A part of me feels like time flew, but the majority feels like I did a lot – I’m tired! (From relaxing?? Leave it to me…)

I can’t believe I never got into the water. I need to learn how to swim before I come back here so I can take full advantage of the place without that fear of drowning.

Ok, I guess I should head back upstairs so I can check out and wait for my ride to the airport.

Goodbye gorgeous beach and funny waves, beautiful room and wonderful service. I’ll be back again someday. Until then I’ll have a tiny piece of you.


15 comments :

  1. That hotel was beautiful! It's always nice to bring home a little piece of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun trip!

    welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the ocean, but I live pretty far from any ocean so I never get to go!! Hopefully when I get a job and back on my feet, I can start planning vacations at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful place!! Wow. I can't believe that you never got into the water either. Oh and I can totally relate to coming back from vacation tired, LOL. Hope you've caught up on your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sigh ...too bad vacations have to end...boo. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. The photos are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, why are you wearing jeans and sneakers?! You should be barefoot and rolling in the sand! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. you coming to my blog, has given me the chance to discover a truly worth reading blog...yours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I missed so many posts! Must catch up on your wonderful vacation and all your beautiful pictures from there! So sorry you have to leave though, I mean clearly you were always going to have to you, but ah it's always so sad to see vacations go. :(

    Hope you had a wonderful time though! <3

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do feel bad for you -- you'll be joining to rest of us soon.
    Your smiles still looks cheerful though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks and sounds like you had an amazing time! I'm glad you had a good time with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that last picture is the most beautiful picture in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great trip. I'm so glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.