Monday, November 24, 2008

Buried in Books

So looks like the next month or so is going to be hectic as all get out what with work and getting together with friends and families for the coughholidayscough. So I've decided to postpone The Book Club relaunch until '09. Hopefully by then I'll have chosen something - anything! - for us to read together.

Plus, I have some catching up to do with selections of my own. I finally finished The Geography of Bliss (only took life) and have moved on to The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby (I've never watched the movie). I like this one. Not only because the story behind the story (and how the author managed to get it written) is fascinating, but because I've read through two thirds of the book on my commute to and from work today. I'll be able to return it to the library without renewing it once! Pat on the back for Dorkys...

After I finish it off, I'll be moving on to Left To Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza, a survivor of the Rwandan genocide. T lent me this book from her own library and I was instantly hooked when I read it on my way home that night. I can't wait to continue. I'm only 16 pages in so feel free to join in and let me know what you think.

Are any of you reading anything interesting these days? I could always add to the list :)

Images: neuromajor.ucr.edu and booksfirst.co.ke

6 comments :

  1. I love book, I hate to start reading them but if I like ti I'm hooked. it usully takes me like a month to finish one, skip 3 days between chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, if I don't get into it from the get-go it takes me a while to finish. Plus I only have time to read during my commute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the Diving Bell and the Butterfly...so sad! be prepared to cryyyyy.
    But a good cry can be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with either book, but am willing to try anything. Lately I've been in to more American History books and in between I read romance novels.

    My best time for reading is at night right before bed, or on the weekend when I don't have anything else going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I keep reading the same page over and over, but I am LOVING "Leave Me Alone, I'm Reading" by Maureen Corrigan....

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHH. I've only watch the Diving Bell and the Butterfly film.
    The book sound even more moving.
    Hope you're enjoying your reading time.

    Greets from Scotland. :D

    ReplyDelete

Say word.