Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 1: Taking It All In

I arrived in Cancun Saturday afternoon and was pretty exhausted after a night of last-minute packing, scheduling blog posts and the four hour-long flight. I did some quick walking around the hotel and got lost at every turn (but I think the lobby would secretly change locations behind my back).

The hotel room itself was great! The beds were so comfy, the bathroom was like a mini spa, the ocean view breathtaking and I seriously squealed when I saw an iPod dock on my bedside table! Everywhere I turned there was another little surprise (well for me anyway because I’ve never been in such a nice hotel…are bathrobes standard? Because I was jumping around when I saw two in the closet).

Dear Journal: I took that solo trip I’d been wanting to take all year and so right now I’m in what has to be the most romantic place I’ve ever visited. I keep running out to my balcony and staring out at the ocean just to remind myself that it’s real – I’m actually here!

Later in the evening I went out for a stroll to watch the waves. As I walked around the pools (and spotted two couples canoodling in the dark), I told myself I’d come back as part of a twosome one day.

And as if on cue, a woman’s voice singing “What a Wonderful World” filled the night air.

The jaded cynic in me instantly thought, “You’ve got to be kidding me.” But the other part – the one constantly being shoved aside – said, “Yeah, it is pretty wonderful.”




11 comments :

  1. hehe im first.. beautiful pics....i wanna go, its ugly here and nice and warm over there...btw when i saw the pics on fb i was all relaxed and calm and then i see the one with the sneakers on and im like noooo feeling mad hot and pissed that its over...you pulled me in dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha maybe I should go into photojournalism then since you found my pictures so gripping.

    Yeah,I wish I were there instead of here too. Boo it's over! Maybe the transition wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so gloomy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooo...hotel/view is gorgeous. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view!! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PICTURES # 3,4 and 7 are stunning!!!!
    Hmmmm, why do I see two bed?
    and yo said you were traveling alone? :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hush! I did travel alone, but they had that room available to me. A queen sized bed was more than enough for me- I'd prob never find my way out of a king-sized one.

    So of course I used the one by the balcony for sleeping and the other one for eating, lounging and clothes-piling purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. More details and pics to come at 12, 3, 6 and 9 pm. That should have covered all five days, so check back in when you can :)

    I had to break it up into segments so I wouldn't put you all to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view! I would have no problem waking up to that every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man Im jealous!! What a gorgeous location and puzzleworthy pix to boot!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.