Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 3: World Wonder

On Monday, I went on a tour of Chichén Itzá one of the new Seven Wonders of the World (just six more to go)! The tour guides were hilarious and kept us entertained for most of the bus ride and I got to chat with several people throughout the day. It was a wonderful (and super tiring) experience where I learned a lot more about the mysterious Mayan culture.

I got back to my hotel room that night absolutely famished. So I decided to get cleaned up and have dinner in one of our hotel’s restaurants.

Dear Journal: I love eating by myself! You get all this attention from waiters to make sure you’re ok. Right now I’m so stuffed and blissful I’d have no problems passing out right here. Mmm…when’s bedtime….

And now they’re playing “So Far Away.” If I had to stay in one place, this one would be a top contender.

***

Ok, I’m still sleepy and yet here I am sitting near the pool taking pictures and staring out into the night sky. I want to take in as much as I can because I know I’ll miss this when I’m back home.


8 comments :

  1. oh, wow. it looks amazing. enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh I love ancient things...looks like it was a fantastic day trip...and I love the pic by the pool...that is totally where i would be after stuffing my face....with enchiladas...or chile rellenos....ummmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I SERIOUSLY want to frame that last picture!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh! One of my favorite quote!!! I love it! I love it! I love it! Soooo inspirational!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote too :)

    It's on my journal from quotable cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...I think you're right (regarding a comment in an earlier entry)...you should become a photojournalist. These pix are absolutely awesome. The most striking is the portrait of your shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your pictures, I'm having a hard time picking a fav. I think I'm leaning towards the one of El Castillo, with the sun behind the clouds, putting El Castillo all in darkness.

    Chichen Itza is one of the places (out of many) that I want to visit someday when I'm rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly that is my fav picture ever...I keep thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you could see me, I would look like the Hulk.... green with envy!
    Hope you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.