Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm Back! And in Love...


So I got back yesterday evening and just wanted to pop in to say that my trip went fantastically well. I wish I were still there now since NYC is currently making a lousy case for why it's better here than in Cancun (it's 53 degrees and rainy, boo).

I was up and out early every single day to enjoy the warm weather and gorgeous scenery and I got a lot of writing, reading and relaxing done. I left the mopeyness here and didn't feel an ounce of sadness or loneliness while I was out there. Actually, that's not completely true since it's a bit tough to not feel any loneliness when you're alone in such a romantic place surrounded by lovey dovey couples.

In fact, I've totally fallen in love with traveling by myself! Dinner for one was a piece of cake (with some chicken in lemon sauce, mashed potatoes and strawberry daiquiries) and the waiters were all so attentive (bonus: you don't have to worry about looking like a famished beast when you reach for the last piece of bread on the table). I came and went as I pleased, took naps when I felt like one and developed a nightly ritual where I would go sit out by the beach and just listen to the waves rolling onto the shore. I'm already wondering where to go next!

Either way, I had a wonderful time and will be back with more details and pictures! It's nice to be home, but seriously, I'd so rather be on vacation.

21 comments :

  1. Welcome back, can't wait to see more pictures and the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back!
    youa re so brave traveling by yourself!
    I might just follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home!!!!!!!

    Gosh, the beach looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your blog. You've inspired me to give traveling alone a chance.

    I love Cancun! Which resort did you stay at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic...so jealous you got to go to paradise....and jealous that you got to sit and listen to the ocean...I guess I could take a drive to the shore...but totally not the same....and being by yourself..at least the only person you have to entertain is you....can't wait to hear more stories....

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome welcome... what a dream to be in paradise alone! I think I need to take your advice and hit some kind of sandy area. So glad your back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the welcome guys! I fought the temptation to get online like the plague and said I wasn't going to park myself in front of the computer once I got back, but well... old habits die hard.

    Himbo, I saw you over at Gabby's blog earlier and was going to drop in for a visit later. Thanks for stopping in!

    And I stayed at the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. The (cheaper) hotel I had originally reserved a room in accidentally overbooked so JetBlue (which I totally heart!) upgraded me at no extra cost. It was Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Glad you had a good time. I'll call you later to discuss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. N V.

    I haz it.

    What a beautiful picture! I hope you post more. Glad you enjoyed your time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip. I only travelled by myself once....spent about 3 months hopping Greyhounds visiting my family (which is spread to the 4 corners of the states I swear!). Wish I could say it was for relaxation....but then I'd be lying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I'm never been on holiday alone before. It does sounds really fun and deifinitely relaxing. I think you'd have to bring lots to do though - writing and reading, like you said! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thanks, Dorkys Ramos!

    The JW is awesome! I stayed at the Hilton Resort next door to the JW a couple of times. Loooved the swiim up bar! Drank sangria from the moment I stepped off the plane... DELICIOSO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back, and it looks like an incredible place to vacation... I think we all wish we were there right about now. 40's and rainy here too. boo. I feel the sentiment :)

    Glad you had such a wonderful time and could enjoy the silence and the time to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome home!! I'm glad you had such a good and relaxing time....it sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home! I've never travelled alone alone like that. But I can see how relaxing it would be only be responsible for yourself. I can't wait to hear all about it, and to see pictures. Anyplace warm is where I want to be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome home, you lucky, lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to have you back - your guest bloggers were great. Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back, my girlfriend!! I love the photo and I am glad to hear you had a fabulous time!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't have enough guts to even BOOK a trip alone. My boo would have a fit, and my whole family would sing a chorus of "eres una pollita" which translates loosely as you're too naive and can't walk around like a little traveling "chick"- you know, the baby chicken is what I'm referring to.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.