Saturday, November 1, 2008

Aaaack!! Dead Mouse Stench!

Ok, for the last couple of days I've been getting this weird faint smell around the living room and so I kept checking my fridge (nope), my garbage can (nada) and the fish tank (well I should clean it soon, but it wasn't that either).

Well just now I went to grab something from my hallway closet and the smell practically whacked me in the face. Something seriously died in there and I'm not about to go find it.

So I called dad instead. In the meantime, the Closet of Death shall remain closed.

And can I add that I just finished writing a story on pest control last night? Perfect. Maybe I should become Cat Lady sooner than I'd planned.

Ugh, I feel like the smell is on me! Maybe this barrier of Lysol between the hallway and the living room will do the trick...

UPDATE: It's not...

SATURDAY NIGHT UPDATE: So dad and I (but mostly dad) checked the Closet of Death and found...nothing! So the stinky little critter might be in my neighbor's house or rotting in the wall. Awesome. At this time I'd like to thank my sister and cousin for dropping in this afternoon bearing gifts of Febreze. I'm going to need it.

Image: allposters.com

12 comments :

  1. Oh. My. Word.

    I've been there, done that. And your post gave me the idea to write about my own experience.

    It will be OK. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look on the bright side: if its dead, it cant come eat your face in the middle of the night... unless the entire family is shacking up at ur place (rent-free, no less)...

    omg remember that SATC epi? eww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, I don't even want to see or deal with! And Dama, thanks for giving me something to think about when I'm lying in my bed...alone...in the dark. Ew.

    And which episode was that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. febreese.....best thing ever...get the air effects and the fabric one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much as I sympathise, I think you should just dive in there and get rid of whatever it is. Just like cleaning out a pet, you'll feel a LOT better when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that happened in my house the other in my backyard, turned out to be a dead possum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weird...my niece just had a mouse saga of her own over at http://jandbmooney.blogspot.com/.
    Except the one she saw was alive, and she ended up catching two of them. I'm glad I have two cats (although I don't think they'd know what to do with a mouse)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh i so feel for you!! That smell is horrible. Did the Febreeze work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just give it a few days and the smell will disappear when the mouse turns to dust!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure hope so because this whole "face melts off when I walk into my apartment" situation I have going is NOT COOL.

    Nothing is working guys. I've been keeping my bedroom door closed, but I think it's seeping through anyway!

    And Lainey, WOW couldn't she find anymore traps to set up? Haha, that mouse never stood a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I found your blog by reading another blogger who commented about your post! I had to leave you a note because I wrote a couple of posts about a mouse that drove us NUTS and even cost us a hefty chunk-o-change before we...er...had him fitted with cement galoshes, shall we say.

    Mice. Hate 'em.

    I'm looking forward to visiting again and reading more! I hope you'll stop by Tater Tales for a visit when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi tater mama! Thanks so much for swinging by! Was it through kelley with amy's angels? Because her story was hilarious/traumatic :p

    At least this one is not alive. But knowing me I'd probably pretend it's a little pet and try to cutify it so it doesn't freak me out as much!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.