Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wedding #1 Was Amazing

Isn't it nice when you realize that your heart hasn't completely turned to stone? That you can talk all you want, but at the end of the day weddings still make you cry and celebrate? There were no moments of bitterness, pity parties or sadness. Nope, this wedding was an absolute joy and, dare I say, fabulous!

The wedding day jitters finally hit me when I had my dress on and was trying to put my shoes on. I was so nervous, I had a hard time strapping them on and I wasn't even the one getting married! On my way to the ceremony, the closer the taxi cab got to the church, the more excited I became.

And then she started walking down the aisle with her father. I cannot even begin to express how stunning Anonymous' sister looked. One minute I'm anxious to see her and the next my eyes are watering over. I guess it was a combo of how beautiful she looked, her dad walking her down the aisle and the fact that "OMG she's getting married!!" all rolled up into this incredibly sweet moment we were so lucky to be a part of.



The reception hall in New Jersey was beautiful. And don't get me started on the yummy food. (Actually, I was so hungry after the ceremony, I had to run into the bodega across the street to buy chips for the ride over! Oh, and gum to mask the cheddar and sour cream smell afterwards.) Anywho, the food seemed to keep coming nonstop. A cocktail hour filled with sliders, crab cakes, calamari, shrimp, pasta, tender prime ribs, chicken fingers, quesadillas, sushi, cheese and the sweetest fruits you could taste. By the time dinner rolled around we were stuffed. There was salad, penne à la vodka and a lemon chicken with potatoes and veggies dish that was so filling I thought I'd have to be cut out of my dress. But I think all the dancing took care of those worries.


Yes, yours truly spent practically the whole night on the dance floor. And if I was sitting (because there was yet more food being shoved down our throats) then I was hopping and bopping in my seat begging one of the other girls to stop crying about their sore feet and come dance - or come get another drink. Gotta love open bars! I'd also like to say that my shoes kept up with me wonderfully! A couple toes did ache a bit, but I didn't 1) bust my head open because I actually managed to walk in those heels perfectly fine, 2) ever take them off because the pain was completely bearable nor 3) stop dancing! I had such an awesome time, I really wished the night would've gone on for a couple more hours.

I only hope every subsequent wedding I attend includes: candelabra-balancing belly dancers, tambourines and stick tricks, best men who aren't afraid of busting a (ridiculous) move on the dance floor, bridesmaids who can dance like Dominican Egyptians, the Cha-Cha Slide and guests who can joke, drink, dance and party the whole night through regardless of whether they've ever met you or not.

I guess at this point I'm just gushing, but I really did have the most amazing time. I think the bride and groom had a magical one themselves. Best wishes to the gorgeous newly weds!



P.S. I found one detail in the best man's hour-long speech particularly interesting: the bride and groom first met nearly 15 years ago...when they were co-workers :)

P.P.S. More lovely wedding photos here!

24 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous wedding! The food and entertainment sound amazing!

    I am so glad you enjoyed yourself so much. Your outfit turned out great and I am glad your shoes didn't bother you too much!

    How funny they met at work! It is more frequent than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm glad you had fun and super happy that you didn't take those shoes off...I knew you could do it...you all looked great and the bride and groom are gorgeous, they look like something out of the magazines. ok now I'm off to ogle at the rest of the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Aw man it sounds lovely. and they did look gorgeous and soooo happy. seems like everyone had a great time... simply memorable for the bride and groom i can imagine. i cannot get over how gorgeous anon's sis looked.. wow...

    ps. you can thank me for the shoes, =)

    pps. at work huh?? interesting
    :runs off and tells coworker boyfriend:

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome time! I'm so glad you got through it. We all knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds wonderful!! I'm glad you had such a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! And the dress looks gorgeous on you! Or better, you look gorgeous in the dress!! Happy day!! Take care, Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love photos.

    ESPECIALLY Wedding Photos!!

    My dear, you look lovely (as do all the ladies in their pretty dresses!). : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea for great celebrations!!! :) I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. It's what it was planned for - a party, good times, and FUN. You looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful wedding!

    And yay for dancing! I think every wedding should have lots and lots of dancing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a super fun wedding! You look great! Can't wait to see pictures from more weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love - LOVE your descriptions of a fantastic party and celebration! Love that the Best Men could DANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Everyone was looking FANTABULOUS! And we belly danced and we ate and we danced and it was perfect! I'm glad you had fun ratona : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yo quiero crab cakes...and shrimp...and sushi...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Wedding pictures! Love your description and your awesome blog lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You looked great. The dress was a perfect pick. And the wedding pics were beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. ive been a best man 2 times now, and ive always tried to be concious of making it short and sweet.

    no ones there to listen to ME blather on, are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear, Jackie is one of the prettiest brides I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The best man is crazy! They met 10 years ago.. when he was 17 and had hair !

    ReplyDelete
  19. And he used to work in the shoe department... yup co-workers Damaris.. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad their big day was such a success, and that you enjoyed yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You (and your friends all) looked fabulous! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

    So are you re-thinking about dating at work? Are there even any dudes there that catch your eye?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look beautiful! What a nice tribute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful wedding! I'm glad you had fun at the reception, with all the food, and the drinks, and the dancing, and the food...LOL

    I'd love to hear more about the candelabra-balancing belly dancers. I've never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.