Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How to Have the Perfect Relaxing Bath

I don't do it often enough. In fact, I can count on two fingers the number of times I've stomped on the breaks and opted for a bath instead of a quickie shower this year. And each time I do, I have the same thought, "Why don't I do this more often?!"

For those who work, stress and run around right up until bedtime (like me), take note: it'll take a while for your body to realize it's time to call it a night, which equals tossing and turning in bed until you finally fall asleep. If you create a small wind-down ritual beforehand, your body will be much more relaxed once you hit the hay. So try curling up with a good book (nothing too mind-stimulating), listening to soothing music - or unwinding in a nice bath.

(And fellas listen up: if you draw a great bath for your lady after she's had a long day, she could very well become putty in your hands. And who knows? Maybe she'll even let you join her...)

Start by setting up the ambiance so bring in the music and candles. With the Ikea PS Tealight Holder you can link together as many as you want to get the room as dim or as bright as you'd like. And we all know doing anything by candlelight makes it all the more relaxing and romantic. Now, would you like some Maxwell with that?

(Oh, and don't forget your cozy robe, slippers and a towel. Nothing throws relaxation out the window faster than pulling apart the shower curtains and realizing you forgot your towel.)

When it comes time to draw the bath, try not to use scalding hot water. Not only will you have to cool it down once you realize how uncomfortably sizzling it is, but you'll also want some skin left on you once you get out. Plus, super hot water now means extra dry skin later. Pour in some bath oil right into the running water to really get the suds going. Aveeno Stress Relief Foaming Bath has lavender and chamomile oils to help relax you and oatmeal to soothe your skin (because I bet you didn't listen about that hot water now did you?).

Now for those who miss those splish splashing days of our youth, Spa Sister Bubbling Bath Confetti Ducky Bath is one way to indulge the child within. Just please try to keep from singing "Rubber Ducky, You're the One" - especially if you're sharing the tub.

Speaking of tubmates, I'm sure you can think of more than a few things to do to pass the time. If not: lather each other up, ask for a massage, wash each other's hair, get dirty as you get clean, share a glass of wine, attempt a serenade or detail exactly what you plan to do to each other once you towel off - if you can wait that long.

If it's a bath party for one: get lost in a book, engage in self-love, contemplate the meaning of life, sip on some bubbly, meditate, laugh, cry and let any worries or sadness go down the drain once you're done.

To cap off the bath, here's something that'll reap major benefits after you step out: Noodle & Boo Sugar Mama Honey Scrub. The ultra-fine sugar exfoliator with aloe, vitamin E, shea butter, coconut and honey will leave your skin so unbelievably supple and yummy-smelling, he won't be able to keep his hands off you...and neither will you. Now how's that for a good night?

Image: mynewsletterbuilder.com

15 comments :

  1. How in the world did we end up back to back on SITS roll call? I always go visit the person right ahead of me, and it was you. As if I wouldn't have visited you on my own. :)

    If my bathroom or bathtub looked anything like this....I would indulge more often. But since it's tiny and the toilet is uncomfortably near the tub....it throws the entire mood off. Call me strange.

    What you've described though, sounds heavenly. Warm suds, champagne, a book, maybe a massage to my feet......I can't WAIT for these kids to grow up and get out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were? Wow. And there are like a million people on that blog!

    And it is heavenly! Put those kids to bed, send them to grandpa or put that Wii to use. I honestly don't know why I don't have one every single weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd "draw a great bath for [my] lady" except that I'm a lousy with crayons and colored pencils.

    And durn it... It will be hours before I get this:

    Rubber Duckie, you're the one,
    You make bathtime lots of fun,
    Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of you;

    (woh woh, bee doh!)

    Rubber Duckie, joy of joys,
    When I squeeze you, you make noise!
    Rubber Duckie, you're my very best friend, it's true!

    (doo doo doo doooo, doo doo)

    ...out of my head.

    Yeah, yeah.. I know... I'm just being stoopid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I can see myself there now. ***Runs home to shower**

    ReplyDelete
  5. .. I mean to bath**

    ReplyDelete
  6. I COMPLETELY agree... an hour in the bath is one of my favorite ways to pamper myself and relax.
    (Though I am definitely enough of a five-year-old at heart that even with company I can't resist playing with the bubbles...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorkys ii added u to my blog page, ii had to do one cause of my english class but ii really don't write but ii like the ones u write so ii put u on mine .. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gera! Good luck in your class :)

    P.S. Did you see how hot we looked in those wedding pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I only had a tub wide and deep enough, for sure I'd be in it right now.... candles, warm water, some soft piano music...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I am going to go take a bath now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, this is a cute post! I've been taking a lot of baths lately because I have a flu and it's the only thing that gets my muscles to relax and my body aches to go away. Sad excuse for hopping into the tub, but it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post.

    Now I want a bath! I usually have a bath once every...six months maybe? It's been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my bubble baths! Nothing better for relaxing than a nice, long bubble bath, followed by curling up on the sofa with a mug of tea or cocoa and a good book! :)

    LOL @ Iggy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ι seгiouѕly love your blog.. Pleasant colоrs & theme.
    Dіd you creаtе this web site yourself?
    Please rеply back as Ι'm hoping to create my own website and would like to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

    Also visit my blog :: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Say word.