Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Phone with a Twist

I've yet to even join the fancy-smart-phone-with-a-QWERTY-keyboard bandwagon, but when my friend sent me a link to this phone I immediately thought, "Ooh!" The square Nokia 7705 Twist features a swivel design that reveals a full keyboard underneath the screen. The phone also boasts an HTML browser, a 3-megapixel camera and music player, threaded text messaging and lets you post videos and pictures straight to your blog.

But as much as my friends try to sell me on handhelds, like the BlackBerry ("Yours is so ancient!" "You can blog anytime, anywhere!" "You can risk your life and check your mail while you cross the street!"), I think I'm perfectly fine as long as the phone does its basic functions: receive calls and texts. Though I must admit, blogging from the park does sound mighty tempting...but not enough to shell out major bucks for it!

Image: reviews.cnet.com

9 comments :

  1. I've been a bit of an old-school phone user myself. I had a Sprint flip phone similiar to yours for three years, and an even older one before it for five years. Green screen and all. Now I have this, and I actually like it. Mine isn't pink, though. Obviously.
    http://www.sanyowireless.com/product.aspx?v=102

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Dorkys... UPGRADE!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I don't have anything fancy either, but I do love that square swivel design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me crazy, but I just don't think I could fall in love with a SQUARE phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so old school! Or maybe just old. I've never texted in my life, nor do I want to. If I have something to say, I'll call. If you don't want to hear it, it will go to voicemail. I just don't get all the silliness that is cell phones these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that phone looks pretty cool. When I first got the phone I had, I thought, "What the heck do I need a cell phone with a camera in it for? (but that was about all that was available).

    Since then - I've just about worn the camera out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My phone has internet capabilities, but I prefer not to use them. I have my phone to call or text people, not for Blogging. Besides, the ones that do a good job with blogging and such - as youu pointed out - cost a lot more than most people (myself included) would want to pay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That phone looks fabulous! I just bought a new phone, after many years of having an ancient on also. And I totally agree about the high price. That is why I got a refurbished smart phone and upgraded to web activation for only an extra $30.00 per month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute phone, but too many clicks and whistles for my liking on a phone.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.