Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wedding #2 is Tomorrow

And because I'm now part of the wedding, I'm attending tonight's dress rehearsal.

I'm anxious. And not the antsy I-can't-wait type of excitement. It's more the I'm-actually-attending-this-alone kind of dread. For it's one thing to be comfortable with solitude and a whole 'nother to be comfortable being alone in a celebration of union. That's a level of strength and security I've yet to touch without feeling some tiny pang in my heart.

The reading another girl and I will do at tomorrow's ceremony will be the lyrics to Michael Bublé's "Everything." At first I thought I'd gag through it. But sitting here, listening to the song once again, I think it's going to take a lot to look out into the crowd, turn to the happy couple and not burst into tears.


12 comments :

  1. I think you will be FABULOUS, dahling. And if you let a tear or three trickle...so be it. They'll think you are happy for them and no one should be the wiser. But if you want a distraction, feel free to visualize TO and Till doing the underwear dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I am sure you will do great!! And that is a good song

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will have a great time. And, as everyone knows, being somewhere without a date is a great opportunity to meet someone interesting...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo good luck ratona and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mostly wanted to say that it's great that you're putting aside any feelings about going alone and are supporting your friend. I had a single friend that told me outright that she couldn't bring herself to celebrate with me because she didn't want to go alone. Our friendship was never the same after that.

    I'm sure you'll have a better time than you think, but it's wonderful that you're being a good friend no matter how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, I am quite sure you'll do fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all goes well with the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck :) That songs awesome :)

    SE x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with it all! I hope it will be a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For some reason I was hoping for a VLog of you doing that reading (and maybe some of you dancing afterwards)...but I guess that might of been a little... to much to ask for huh.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.