Sunday, October 11, 2009

Down the Creative Rabbit Hole

Yesterday, I came across this lovely tribute to creative expression on Curious Girl. The music video was made by Candadian filmmaker Andrea Dorfman for Tanya Davis' song "Art."



After viewing it, I wanted to see more of Dorfman's work, which then led me to her film for this year's NYC Bicycle Film Festival. I didn't even know there was such a thing! And the festival is held all over the world :)



Then I learned that she did another collabo with Davis this summer for an animated and poetic short titled How To Be Alone. The film - made for the CFC WorldWide Short Film Festival - is about the difference between being alone and feeling lonely, why some people struggle with solitude and how to cherish the time you have to yourself. The video has yet to be uploaded anywhere, but you can bet I'll be looking out for it! In the meantime, here's a snippet.

Don't you just love how one things leads you to so many others?

9 comments :

  1. Nice! You stumbled upon some great stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to creativity...so charming!
    Lovely weekend darling!!
    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a great weekend! You won my weekly prize this week so email me your info when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this! I think it's so refreshing to know that such creativity exists in this world. Makes it a lot better :)

    If you could find that "How to be alone" video, that would be great, as it's something that hits home for me personally.

    Hope you had a great weekend, and looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. "why some people struggle with solitude and how to cherish the time you have to yourself. "

    It really has so much to do with your attitude and self-love and self-esteem. So sad that so many people do not love themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do.

    I find that happens a lot when I'm reading blogs. One person's comment leads me to their blog and then a comment or blog they follow has me reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool "animations"!

    You surf so well i bet you can say "Cowabunga!" just like a native...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's good how that works... You hear about - or stumble upon - something, and next thing you know you're discovering all kinds of other nice things. There's always something new to investigate.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.