Saturday, August 8, 2009

A "Wise Latina" on the Supreme Court

Congratulations to Sonia Sotomayor who has just been sworn in as the Supreme Court's 111th justice. With this she becomes its third woman, third New Yorker and FIRST Hispanic justice. Finally! (Incidently, 111 is my number.)

P.S. Latina made some cute shirts to celebrate this wonderful moment in our culture with proceeds benefitting a girl's school in the Bronx to inspire them to reach for their own stars. Watch my lovely coworkers rock those shirts! I was busy holed up in my cubicle with headphones transcribing an interview while they were filming. But I had my shirt on!

Image: syracuse.com

4 comments :

  1. it IS exciting isn't it? thanks for stopping by my blog by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. This is truly a historic administration. Hope to see wonderful things throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this is something we all should celebrate - such a wonderful thing..

    Hope you're having a fun weekend, sweetie :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful!! Truly. It's so, so great.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.