Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Shakira Graces Latina's September Issue

This month, the red-hot pop star appears in not one, but three gorgeous covers for Latina Magazine. My fave is the close-up beauty shot on the left, but the second is pretty fierce as well, don't you think?

Inside, la colombiana talks about her FundaciĆ³n Pies Descalzos, the importance of therapy and her desire to be a mommy saying, "Sometimes at night, I think of myself with a big belly. That's my happy place. I want to have a huge belly - I crave that!"

¡Ay ombe! She's so cute :)

Too bad, I'm not really feeling this new single of hers. Has anybody else seen/heard "She Wolf?" Honestly, I don't even understand what she's saying.

Image: latina.com

10 comments :

  1. I love Shakira. And I think the middle cover is my favorite.

    As far as I can tell, people here in "these parts" as they like to say, are really into nature. They climb, hike, camp and hold hands around bonfires.

    I've got a ways to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! Nice to "meet" you!

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! Don't you just love SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.
    Are you listening to the song in spanish?

    I like the sentiment in the song: inside of every woman is a she wolf waiting to get out and wreck some havoc have some fun. Her man isnt' making good use of that beast inside so she's taking it out for a spin without him.

    Thanks for dropping by the Politics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, I'm listening to the straight up "English" version. Maybe if I heard the Spanish version I'd understand her better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beast within??? I need to hear this. Let's see what Hubs can do with it. LOL She's my secret, part time LOVAH....sorry, I have that 80s song in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shakira is my soul sister. I adore her!! Her music in spanish is my fave and, even though I don't speak a lick of it, I sing along. It's wonderful. Great post. Hadn't seen the mag covers yet and they really are gorg. So glad you came by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so not really lovin that new song of hers. Ah well.

    Oooh! I got the pressy Saturday. The pictures are loaded and ready for me to write the entry but Comcast was down today and now I'm all backed up in the Reader (ew..that sounded nasty). Anyhow, thankyouthankyouthankyou *HUGZ!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really like her new song either, but I think she is adorable. Gabe just loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the first cover. :)

    I looked at the video and can't even imagine being so flexible to be able to move like she does.

    Lycanthrope (I do learn...) doesn't seem like a typical word to throw into the lyrics does it?

    ReplyDelete

Say word.