Monday, August 31, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Looks like The Book Club is on! I know at least one of you already finished the book while I've yet to even start, but I will tomorrow- pinky promise!

Since it seems like such a good/quick read, I guess we can cyber-discuss the first third on Sunday Monday night (til page 102 or so). I'll write mine and the rest can either comment on here or write your own posts whenever you'd like. I can provide a link list on the post so other readers can visit those posts and add our two cents to what you had to say. Deal?

Image: search.barnesandnoble.com

4 comments :

  1. happy reading! i'll join in for your next book! i'm working on three books right now (biography, chick lit, and religious) and i'm pretty sure i'll just be plain lost if i try to add a fourth.

    ps, do you ever sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy wowsers....you want me to have half read by Sunday???? Okay...I might have to go shopping for the book over lunch and get started. What am I going to do about The Time Traveler's Wife??? Okay...breathe, Tooj. I will get it complete. Do you have an exact page/chapter we should stop on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. moomby, God I'm always tired!! And I could never understand how people read more than one book at a time. I'd place the wrong characters in the wrong settings and just short circuit my brain out.

    tooj, breathe with me honey. It'll be ok. How about we just cover the first third then so you don't self combust. I haven't read it so I don't know when a good stopping point is. How about to page 102? I'll keep reading past that though so let me know if you pass it too :)

    How's The Time Traveler's Wife going by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TTTW is great. Getting past halfway. Just finding it hard to find time...between cleaning, cooking, kids, running...blah! You should read...very good. I'll try and make it to 102. Smart ass.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.