Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cutesy Flicks That Might Touch My Heart or Rip it Apart

Here are the three I want to see:

Paper Heart. A sweet docu-drama about love-skeptic Charlyne Yi's attempts to understand the subject. With camera crew on tow, she travels around the country gathering tips and advice from friends, bikers, kids, scientists and strangers on what love means. And in the midst of her project, she meets a boy and the cameras start focusing on her developing story.

P.S. Michael Cera, I heart you.



After I get off work early tomorrow, I'm strolling over to a theater to see this and afterwards wandering through Central Park to enjoy the sunny afternoon. Maybe I'll pop into the Met on my walk there. Daisies and snapshots might be in order :)


Adam. A touching two-strangers-fall-in-love story with a slight twist: he's not just Beth's socially awkward neighbor. He's a brainy sweetheart who's been living a sheltered life with Asperger's syndrome. As if connecting with another person weren't already hard enough...



I'd never even heard of Hugh Dancy before this morning, but I must say, Claire Danes' fiancé is looking quite dashing in this month's issue of Glamour. And he's charming to boot!


(500) Days of Summer. The tag line: Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn't.

Another story about a girl who doesn't believe in love? I'm so there. Plus, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel are such a cutie-pies. (And good dancers too!)



What movies are you trying to see as the summer starts to wind down?

6 comments :

  1. I get in and out of the movie mode and right now, I'm out. I way busy and haven't even seen any of the movies that are out...well, except good ole' Harry Potter...LOL

    Stopping by with a little bloggie love tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to see both Paper heart and Adam! Most people that I know that have seen 500 days of Summer were disappointed.
    I mostly see the movies that need to be seen on a big screen in the theater, i.e Transformers. By the time you pay for a baby sitter and a movie it is so expensive.. so ones like Adam I will definitely see but will just wait until it comes out on video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips!I haven't seen the previews or trailers or whatever the hell they're called for any of these. And for some reason, I really love Claire Dane so her fiance MUST be good. That might be my pick to see...but all three look appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think there's been a single trailor recently that's drawn my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper Heart looks great!
    I want to see 500 Days of Summer just because I totally adore Zooey D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear 500 Days of Summer is great. I might have to see that. I am definitely going to see The Time Traveler's Wife next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.