Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Like Sleep :)

So last night I got approximately 10+ hours of shut-eye. I was in bed by 8:45 or so and it took me about an hour to finally doze off because my body may have been exhausted but my mind was still zooming around at 90 mph. Therefore, every little sound was freaking me out and I kept having to turn my lamp on to inspect the premises. But of course as soon as the lights came on, the place would be dead quiet. I even considered leaving the lamp on until I remembered how much the electricity bill was last month. I'm such a cheap wuss.

Then there was the crazy downpour in the middle of the night and with it came the raindrops banging on the AC, me getting up to check if water was coming in through the living room windows and the sink drain gurgling (now that was freaky; I thought my toilet was overflowing!). By the time 5 AM came around my back was in so much pain I had to change positions every couple of mins, rolling all over my queen-sized bed. I guess my body's not used to being immobile for so long. I even cursed the idea of going to bed so early because I hurt so much.

Luckily, when my alarm went off at 8 AM I was feeling a lot better and didn't even think about dozing off for 10 more mins; I was ready to get up and go. I didn't drag my sleepy behind around the apartment and even though I'll probably crash later, for now I'm feeling pretty well rested.

Maybe this calls for an encore tonight?

2 comments :

  1. I don't know what's wrong with me today, but I am like a zombie. I am so tired. So, so, so tired!

    I am going to bed at 10pm on the dot today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My back has been hurting me again. I guess my dream of leading a sedentary life in order to gain a few pounds is going right out the window.

    But I do want to start going to bed before midnight every night because I cannot wait for the day when I can be at work all day and not consider crawling under my desk for a nap!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.