Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dreams Are Just Dreams...

Last night totally wore me out - and all I was doing was sleeping! Have you ever had dreams so intense you wake up feeling more tired than when you went to bed? Well that's me right now (and my head hasn't fully recuperated yet). Here's a recap of one of last night's wonderful episodes:

Running from the Cannibal

So I meet this good-looking and seemingly nice guy who wastes no time putting the moves on me. After the friend I was with leaves the room, he and I get to know each other a little better.

[End scene because I don't remember much about this part thank God]

Next thing I know I'm in someone's house as part of a tour group. In one of the rooms I discover that the whole place is rigged with explosives and ready to go off at any second. I remember being torn between warning the others or running for my life, but I don't remember what I chose. All I know is that I ran and ran and hid and ran. I stuck with a group of people who seemed to know what to do.

Too bad I was wrong. Before long, the Crazy Lady who devised the whole plan caught us. Somehow I managed to escape twice, getting caught each time. That's when Crazy Lady said she was going to eat me alive. I begged and pleaded that she shoot me first, but she wouldn't even consider the idea. So of course, I had to escape again. This time she sent one of her henchmen after me to seduce me and bring me back. And who was it? None other than the guy I had met before!

I tried throwing myself into oncoming traffic to avoid being raped and then eaten (the hell did I do in a previous life??) but that didn't work. Luckily, Playa Playa ran into another girl he had a serious crush on and started chatting her up while I made my final escape (you can't trust those fools to do anything right). I ran and ran some more until I reach a train station, missed the first one that passed by and ran into the second one just in the nick of time. And then I woke up.

What on Earth was all that about?? I actually do believe dreams have some significance and have a couple dream dictionaries at home to help me figure out what they mean. Sometimes it's a manifestation of what you're dealing with during your waking hours. Other times it helps bring unconscious feelings into the light; things you didn't even realize were affecting you so much. So I just went online and here's what dreammoods.com had to say:

Running

To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

To dream that you are trying to run but cannot make your feet move as fast as you want them to, signifies lack of self-esteem and self-confidence. It may also reflect your actual state of REM paralysis while in the dream state.

Cannibalism

To see cannibalism in your dream, symbolizes a destructive and forbidden desire or obsession. In a literal sense, cannibals consume people's lives, along with their energy. This dream may then denote an aspect of your life (career, relationship, children...) which is consistently draining your enthusiasm and vitality.

Rape

To dream that you have been raped, suggests a sadistic expression of sexual desire. You may be expressing an unconscious desire to be violated, conquered, or forced into forbidden territory. Some women have a desire to be sexually overpowered, but not hurt. It also indicates vengeful feelings toward the opposite sex. Alternatively, it suggests that you are feeling violated in some way. Something or someone is jeopardizing your self-esteem and emotional well-being. You feel that someone or something is being forced upon you.

Train

To dream that you are on a train, is symbolic of your life's journey and suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed for the right direction. Alternatively, you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will prove to work out in the end.

To dream that you miss a train, denotes missed opportunities or nearly escaping your death.

So obviously I still have some fears to confront, but my lack of self confidence keeps me from moving forward. Several aspects of my personal life have been draining me so I've been an emotional wreck, but maybe I'll find the light at the end of the tunnel if I keep chugging along.

1 comment :

  1. I may not wake up more tired, but I sure wake up more "amarga".

    ReplyDelete

Say word.