Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yorkville Crêperie

If you ever find yourself craving a delicious crêpe, then head over to Yorkville Crêperie in the Upper East Side. They serve both dessert and savory dishes, but I haven't been able to tear myself away from the sweet ones yet. On our first visit I had the Crêpe Delight, which was such a mountain of fresh strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream drizzled with raspberry sauce, I just couldn't finish it all. But as good as that sounds it took all my strength not to grab A.'s plate and devour it myself: Fluff-a-Nutter contains bananas, peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, nutella and graham cracker crumbs. I finally tried it the second time around and wow was it filling. A bit too much peanut butter, me thinks.

Now if crêpes aren't your thing (for shame!!), check out their paninis and other baked goodies along with their selection of wines, coffee and espresso (though I tend to just stick to their orange juice). And feeding you is not all this crêperie is good for; the sunny shop has comfy couches, free WiFi and great music so you can pop in on any afternoon for a study buddy session. Just try not to spend the entire time eating and salivating.

5 comments :

  1. The prices are great.... that alone would keep me there for days lol. Def going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish someone could bottle the scent of places like this -

    ...and those huge windows near the sofas looks very inviting - is there much of a view?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crêpes! I'm always looking for a good crêpe place around here. But next time I'm in New York, I'm definitely going to check that place out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubs' uncle owns a local crepe eatery in our "home" town. I hadn't really had crepes as a meal with "things in it" before, but I really like going to his place and eating. :) It's not for everyone...especially in this meat and potatoes capital of the US known as the Midwest....but we like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks really relaxing. I will have to check it out next time I am on the UES.

    Amy

    stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.