Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)"

This is also time for me to start taking belly dancing classes and tantalizing the world with my moves.

Shakira and South African group Freshlyground teamed up to record this year's World Cup anthem and I find it so infectious, I dare you not to get up and jump around. It almost makes me wish I were a soccer fan just so I could get swept up in the excitement of it all, but for now it does a great job of hyping up my mood and fighting off this week's stress.


Waka waka, eh eh! So who's going to be glued to the TV starting tomorrow?

P.S. The video will also raise money for 1Goal, a campaign calling on world leaders to provide education for 72 million children worldwide by 2015.

4 comments :

  1. What a truly worthwhile cause - raising money for educating millions of children.

    And yes, the excitement in the video is contagious!!

    Good luck with the deadline! Hope you can stop stressing out really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are! I am South African so I will be watching just for that reason. I live with several soccer fanatics too so between us all-yes it will be all soccer all the time...

    My family says it is a total party in South Africa right now-totally electric. I miss it sooooo much. A truly magical country and nobody knows how to celebrate the way they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not. I have plenty to do without pretending to care about sports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... incredible. If I think about moving my body like that my back will go out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.