Thursday, April 2, 2009

Green Dreams


I've always wanted my own garden to grow every type of flower there is and watch hummingbirds flutter about from bud to bud. I imagined myself laying down on the grass daydreaming and watching the clouds float by for hours on end or sitting under a tree with a good book.

Unfortunately, since I live in the city I had to take that dream down a notch by creating my little green space indoors. And now that spring has finally arrived, I'll be working on number 16 this weekend! Here are some basic tips on gardening at home.

How about you? Are you planting anything this spring?

Image: apartmenttherapy.com

7 comments :

  1. LISTEN LADY! how about you stop bringing in more live creatures into that apt, that IM gonna have to end up taking care of each time the little jet setting bug hits you! ok?! thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, what if I get you a cute uniform and name you my little gardener? Would that work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you also gonna get me a cute uniform and name me your little dog-sitter? hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me lovey plants. I had a nice plant once. I gave it away. too much responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont bother with the plants because a I have a couple black thumbs. I do better with the 4 legged fur covered biological units.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have resigned myself to worry about plants when all kids are walking, talking, no diaper wearing people. THEN...I might take time to take care of the yard. For now...dishes, laundry, and diapers it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have lots of plants, but then I started forgetting to water them. Almost all of them died. I know they're good to have around, but I just don't get a lot of sun in my apt, so I have to be careful of what plants I have here. None works out REALLY well!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.