Sunday, April 5, 2009

Play Ball!

And of course now that the NCAA college basketball tournament is nearly over, it means it's time to turn our attention to baseball!

In NYC, the Mets and the Yankees each christened their new stadiums on Friday with wins though they're still in Spring Training. Their home openers will be on April 13 and 16, respectively.

But the Phillies' home opener is tonight! Totally forgot (actually I don't think I knew it really since I only took note of when they'd be in NYC playing against the Mets), but a text from Mr. First had me flipping to ESPN2 stat! They're currently losing though and this one's tearing into them like any true fan would.

Can you believe it's already time for this?

Image: morningbuzz.wordpress.com

6 comments :

  1. Go Reyes it's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted to come to NYC to see the Yankees new home this season, but instead we are planning a trip for the holidays. I am so bummed out about missing the Yankees though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe it is April...scary how time has flown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the Cubs will be playing with snowballs...

    Any good Philly phan bad mouths his team when the overpriced bums look bad and lose.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.