Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spontaneous Dance Combustion in Belgium

Remember this T-Mobile ad from a couple months back?



Well there's another spontaneous mob dance video! This time it took place in Belgium's Central Station to the tune of Julie Andrews' "Do-Re-Mi" from The Sound of Music. I'm embarrassed to say that I almost teared up watching this for some reason. I'm a mush like that.



Now what I want to know is why can't anything fun happen on my commute? Seriously, all I get are the panhandlers, the steel drum guy on 42nd Street- Bryant Park and the weirdos who fall asleep on me until I jab them with my pointy elbow.

I think I'm going to go sit at Grand Central Terminal and wait until something cool happens.

P.S. Before you guys start asking where on Earth I find these things, I will tell you: CNN.com always has interesting stuff!

7 comments :

  1. It never happens around me either. I highly suspect the mob is seeded with a LARGE number of students from at least one (or several) dance schools. I mean, it's mighty convenient that several cameras are on scene to put together a video like the ones that we see...dontcha think?

    You arent the only one that teared up with the Do-Re-Mi though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOTHING like that ever happens on my commute either. I just get the guy in the ski goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ladystyx, well however they manage this, it's awesome!

    kelley, LOL who?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful that these dancers are bringing joy to an otherwise ordinary day. :) Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to be the regular people that just happened to be there when they were filming it! Both those commercials were fantastic. I'd never seen either one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you and your magazine might want to stage something, Dorkys... imagine all the publicity!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great!! I admit I teared up a little too. I could use a little spontaneity in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.