Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Apartment Decorating Once Again

So I had to put a halt on decorating my new apartment due to lack of monetary funds and time. But I was able to jumpstart it this weekend! No, I'm still broke but I had some time and some ideas I wanted to try out. I went to my go-to place (Ikea) on Saturday and got some plants, pots, wall stickers, frames and a large framed umm...photo? painting? I don't know what I'd call it, but I hung it by my bed and I love it. In the living room I tried making my super long plant grow around the two frames I got from Urban Outfitters two months ago, but it wasn't cooperating so I went the faux route with these stickers from Ikea. I was also able to finally frame the ladybug poster I bought back in June and hung it up on my bathroom wall to go along with the ladybug motif I have going on in there.















I also decided to cultivate my green thumb by creating a mini-garden by my living room window. I bought a shelf and today I just repotted the plants I bought this weekend and made a hot mess in the process. Hopefully they don't all die on me. I'm trying to get seeds to grow some herbs while I'm at it too. I like that I have my own little green space in my apartment now :)




















And I have a roommate now too! Too bad the fool pays no rent whatsoever. I bought a little fishie - a betta - April of last year and at some point I gave it up for adoption to my younger brother. Somehow he managed to survive all this time and I regained custody yesterday after the tank broke. I had decided to buy another one when my brother asked if I wanted to take him back. So I did! Mr. First and I had named him Clifford after the big red dog, but I usually just refer to it as "Fish." Say hello!


And finally, remember that pottery class my friend and I took for six weeks this summer? Well we FINALLY picked up our creations yesterday evening and here's what I ended up with:


Pretty cool, huh? You should've seen what the advanced students made. I'd love to take another class someday, but then again I have bills to pay and now mouths to feed.
So yup, that's what's been going on in the homefront. What do you guys think?

8 comments :

  1. These days we don't really need $$$ to have a stylish home, creativity is the raw ingredient that's most important I think...
    important too; fill our homes with much love...shall we start singing 'All we need is Love' together...? heehee!

    Thanks f visiting my blog (my 2nd home?) hope to hear from you again... I post daily so you are always welcome, don't b a stanger* ok...hee! say hi to Barbie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love love it. It all looks so nice. I love the picture on the wall behind the bed and I love the plant stickers.

    It all looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks so much, I love it too :)

    I'm quite proud that my place is really starting to come together.

    And welcome to the blog Lenore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eric! I love them too, they're so bright and colorful. If you look through my past apartment pics, you'll see I have this cute ladybug bathroom rug that's super soft :)

    Hope you come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you like cooking with basil, they are pretty easy to grow. I started mine in early spring and had them all summer long.

    I am not sure if it is possible to grow them in the fall though, even if you put them indoor.

    Your place looks terrific, very homey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww man, maybe I've missed my chance this year. I'm seriously contemplating just throwing any old cooking beans from a bag or seeds from the fruits I eat into the soil and watch what happens.

    I just want to see something grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and writing style. :O)

    Have a great week!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Say word.