Saturday, September 27, 2008

Yipers!

So 2.5 weeks ago I went to the doc for a check-up and got the results a week later. Obviously I heard that I needed to gain weight (but she was acutally nice about it) and suggested I start lifitng weights and drinking protein shakes to build up my muscles. Dad then proceeded to run over to GNC the first chance he got and buy me this ginormous container of protein powder! How on Earth am I supposed to consume all that?? Ew.


Dad: Oh and they told me you can't drink a full cup of this thing.
Me: Well why not? (like I really even want to)
Dad: Because you don't exercise or burn enough calories a day. So drink only half a cup.
Me: So you're saying if I take a full cup, I'll be intaking more calories than I'll be burning? Isn't that the whole point?!

So ladies and gentlemen, in a few weeks time I'll be looking like I'm on steroids. Minus the 'roid rage.

Dear Lord! I just checked and a "heaping scoop" of this thing packs 750 calories!! Where has this thing been all my life? I'm gonna have protein powder-seasoned rice with protein powder-flavored chicken and a protein powder shake to wash it all down (gotta mix it up you know). I wonder if your stomach can explode from this stuff...


But I'm not being a complete bum. I actually lifted some weights this morning while watching my morning cartoons. And maybe I'll start up on some yoga in the morning.

Other than that all is well on the health front. Well as good as they can be when you're underweight and learned that you have "an impressive list of allergies" you never knew you had before. Let's just say an 8 on the scale signifies a high allergic reaction and these are just some of my ratings:

orchard grass: 40.60
timothy grass: 25.40
birch tree: 54.50 (this one is just a teeeeeny bit disconcerting; what exactly would happen to me?)
oak tree: 29.10

The list of allergens goes on, but those are the highest. Plus, this is the first fall season I'm getting allergies (they usually visit in the spring) so I'll be lucky if I make it to winter with my nose intact.

7 comments :

  1. LOL!!! You know, I've been going to gym to gain some muscles as well. I go workout 4 times a week and I feel great. I'm tiny and I started to hate my figure. I feel much better now because I start to see some results.

    Good luck, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Maki, I just woke up and I am sooo sore! And I didn't even do that much!

    How long did it take you to see results?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! especially on the "lifting weights" part. i'm terrified of going to the gym but i did start a fitness routine last spring. pilates/yoga 2-3 times a week, plus i walk/ran up and down stairways and hills in my neighborhood. i started seeing results after a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh...why my doctor has never say that to me... My sist has to gain weight too, but she eats normally... some people are so blessed that they don't gain too much weight... Most important is our health, amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, it's a "blessing" to some and a "curse" to others. But I totally agree, at least I'm pretty healthy, but I could be even more so with 15 extra pounds ;)

    Odessa, gyms scare me too! I don't want to be around all those bulky sweaty guys when I look so puny with my 3-pound weights. And the soreness is going away guys, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you just don't listin do you.... I'm never giving you health advice again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, what did I do wrong THIS time?? Lifting weights no good? Protein shakes no good? Building muscles no good? Argh...

    ReplyDelete

Say word.