Monday, September 8, 2008

Recycle, Fools!

So the NYC Department of Sanitation is making it a bit easier to donate/recycle unwanted electronics and gently used clothing and linens. I know as far as electronics go I can't just dump them in any old garbage can and that some stores will take them in for recycling. But eh, I'm too lazy to figure out where to take them and all that. Luckily, I received a pamphlet telling me where I can go.


From 8 AM to 2 PM (rain or shine), NYC residents can drop off their goods on the following dates and at the following locations:

Brooklyn (sorry I posted this a day late)
Sunday, Sept. 7
Keyspan Park, Coney Island (Surf Ave. & 19th St., take Cropsey Ave. exit off the Belt Parkway)

Manhattan
Saturday, Sept. 13
Columbia University, 116th St. between Amsterdam Ave. & Morningside Drive (cars enter at 116th St. and Amsterdam Ave.)

Staten Island
Sunday, Sept. 14
Staten Island Mall, Parking Lot F (near main entrance, 2655 Richmond Ave.)

Queens
Saturday, Sept. 20
Forest Park, Bandshell Parking Lot (enter park at Forest Park Drive & Woodhaven Blvd.)

Bronx
Sunday, Sept. 28
Lehman College, North Lot (Goulden Ave., just south of Bedford Park West)

For more info on what you can and can't donate, check out the press release. And P.S. the first 100 people who bring in electronic equipment at each site will receive a $5 gift card to best buy. So you can buy batteries you'll later have to figure out how to properly discard!

2 comments :

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! :) I laughed when I read your question on your blog about why people can say you are skinny, but you can not say the other way around. I was just saying the same thing today at work! Such a double standard! I am so jealous you are from NYC! :) I just visited for the first time and LOVED it!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and welcome to mine! I'm so glad you had fun over here (in NYC not the blog); there's always tons to do :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.