Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Loving the Long Weekends

So today was my first day back on the job after a lovely and exhausting four-day weekend. Luckily, the day wasn't too busy because I'm still recovering from the break. Here's what I did:

Friday

Met up with a friend for pedicures and later that night went out to dinner with my roommate from undergrad (NYIT) who I hadn't seen in three years. Back then she had just given birth to a baby boy and now she's pregnant with a second. It was so nice finally catching up that we kept forgetting to actually look at the menu to order food!

Saturday

I stayed inside most of the day except for a nice mid-afternoon walk around the neighborhood. I had a tortured dream with Patrick Dempsey the night before in which he used me to practice proposing to his girlfriend while I silently pined away for him. And then of course that afternoon I walked right into a wedding - bubbles and everything! Argh. No Patrick though. And at night my friends and I checked out a club in Harlem and loved it. Well at least I did.

Sunday

I went to see the fam for the day and go back-to-school shopping with the two sibs (I still owed the sis a graduation gift and birthday presents for both of them). Later that night I tagged along with my sis and her friends to go bar hopping in the Village (Greenwich Village, that is). I enjoy some booty shaking every now and then, but Saturday night was the first time in a long time where 2 AM rolled around and I wasn't begging the girls to call it a night. I just get so exhausted from standing around and listening to all that noise (yes, I am in fact an 80-year-old woman stuck in this body). I'd much rather hang around, cheap drink in hand, talking with my friends and singing along to jukebox music. Maybe that's why I loved going out so much during my year at grad school in Syracuse.

I ended up going home with my sister because there was no way I'd make it to my own bathroom (to pee not upchuck).

Monday

After a lovely bus ride of shame back to my apartment, I reached out to two close friends from undergrad to see if they were still coming over. Instead we met up in Times Square for food, stuffed our faces and by the time we walked to Central Park afterwards, we were about to pass out from the sleepiness. I got home and was in my bed by 8:30 PM.

And I'm still tired! But at least I know I took full advantage of my days off. So what did you guys do during your Labor Day weekend?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Say word.