Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coming Soon: Vacay Part Dos

In exactly four weeks I’ll be heading off warm sunny skies and ocean blues once again. Only this time I won’t be going alone – Anonymous is coming with me!

I was having a “life is rough and I want to run away” moment some weeks ago when she asked if I wanted to go to the Dominican Republic with her for several days.

Now let me interrupt this post to point out a few things:

- I’ve been avoiding a trip to DR like el dengue. After spending most of my childhood summers there, I practically banned the place after my last trip in 2004. “The world is way too big for so many repeat visits,” I’d say. Plus, visiting family member after family member (that I no longer feel close to) felt like zero fun. No thanks. I’d rather spend my vacation time actually vacationing and trotting the globe.

- Anonymous has been one of my closest friends for nearly 13 years and in that time she and I have traveled to…absolutely nowhere but two boroughs and one state: Bronx and Queens and a mall in New Jersey. And after last summer’s attempt at a weekend trip to Atlantic City crumbled the day before we were to head out, I was skeptical we’d ever travel together let alone leave the country.

- As much as I’d love to travel alone again, there’s just no way I could afford another solo trip anytime soon. And I take the idea of traveling with someone else very seriously. I refuse to be dragged into drama, like to chill out, act silly and have fun without worrying about what the other person might think. She fits the bill. She knows what I like and dislike, what I will and won't do and offers just the right amount of "push" to make me try something new.

I said yes instantly (I was really having a stressed-out day). So at the end of April, she and I will be laying out on a beach in Puerto Plata checking out the gorgeous view – and I’m not talking about the sunsets. This should be interesting ;)

Image: members.virtualtourist.com

12 comments :

  1. LMAO!!! Checking out the gorgeous view---- and I'm not talking about sunsets.. LOL

    Hysterical.. Yeah I know what we'll be checking out. Hot bodies darn it.. hot smokin' men : )
    hehehe
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it ....nananananananananana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget "interesting." With you along for the ride, it's going to be "wild" instead.

    Can't wait!

    So why didn't we plan this sooner??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why we didn't plan it sooner. I guess because you were anti-DR... or I was broke?? No se. Hopefully it will be the first of many more trips to come.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's gonna be a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you get two sun-filled trips and I get...none. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Well, actually...come to think of it, at the end of April I should be down in FL in West Palm Beach. :) Yea for vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you're way down south, I'll be out west, soaking up the CA sun!

    Have fun!

    (Do they sell shotglasses in DR?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, lucky girl, with so many trips to DR under your belt! You should write a little travel review/guide of sorts.

    also, email me your address so I can send you something hadmade, once I figure out what that might be.... blythehill@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how fun!! I hope it's a fun and relaxing trip for you. Enjoy the views!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. I am so jealous! Take me with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that sounds like a blast! I've been trying to have a girls get away but no luck "yet". I'm going to try and talk my friend into a trip to Italy. She is Italian and it just might work. You have fun...like I have to say that! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. time does fly...not long ago it seems that you posted that 'vacay alone'post! Vacation are r thee???

    ReplyDelete

Say word.