Friday, March 13, 2009

Notes from the Universe


Last week, I spent quite a bit of time checking blogs until I finally settled into Girl Friday's. Her posts are sweet and full of fun videos (like this awesome T-Mobile ad) that are sure to make you think or smile.

Anywho, thanks to her I learned about Notes from the Universe, a site that sends you a daily personalized e-mail meant to inspire you and push you to your goals. A daily little pick-me-up? I signed right up!

Here's what The Universe had to tell me this week:

Monday

If you look closely enough, intent upon understanding those things that cause you great pain and consternation, Dorkys, ultimately, I promise you, you'll find great joy and illumination.

Take the bait,
The Universe

P.S. And if you look closer still, Dorkys, you'll see all such things as proof of life's infinite grace.

* I always forget that the hard times are meant to teach an important lesson and that those days will eventually give way to happy ones. How do you find the strength to look into the pain and find the joy within it when you feel beaten and exhausted? I can examine in retrospect, but not when I'm in the midst of it.

Tuesday

Something that might add some sugar and spice to your daily comings and goings, Dorkys, would be to constantly remind yourself, "I created this, because I wanted to."

Prepare to be empowered,
The Universe

P.S.
As well as, Dorkys, "I can change the heck out of it, and fast."

* I'm on the fence about this. I never know if everything is pre-written and what happens to us will happen no matter what we do. I also know it's a lazy school of thought. As if we live our lives as puppets playing out a master script. Or do we write our own story? One helps you let things go. The other helps you fight for the life you want. I'll go with a little of both.

Wednesday

Sometimes when you're ready for a change, Dorkys, and you kind of know it but won't admit it, when it comes, not only are you surprised, but it hurts.

Yeah, I know that doesn't help much, unless you remember the "ready" part. Because there is simply no change that might ever transpire in time and space that happens before you're fully able to use it for your own growth and glory.

Love watching you create,
The Universe

P.S.
So hey, Dorkys, may as well just act like you had personally requested it, and soar. Because, truthfully, you did, and, honestly, you can.

* Another hard one to swallow, but it sends my thoughts right to last year. Yes, I was caught off guard though I'd been playing out the event in my head for months. It did hurt and I did think I'd be devastated forever. But I'm not - at least nowhere near as much as before. When it comes to what you cannot control: Accept. Learn. Grow. I guess you do encounter the challenges you're ready to handle.

Thursday

Just curious, Dorkys, when was the last time you looked into a mirror and addressed yourself as "Gorgeous," "Magnificent," or "Sublime"?

Dorkys, it matters.

Tallyho,
The Universe

P.S.
Okay, Dorkys, "Hubba, Hubba" counts.

* When was the last time I addressed myself as what?? Um, never? Although my cell phone does turn on with a little "Hey, Gorgeous" note, I know that doesn't count. Note to self: tell self she's beautiful more often. She deserves it.

Today

Never underestimate, Dorkys, how many friends you have, how close you are, and how much fun you're going to have.

Because, as you've seen throughout your entire amazing life, one usually gets exactly what they've been estimating.

You thrill me,
The Universe

P.S. How close are you, Dorkys???

* Close enough. Now please don't stalk me, Universe.

Image: t-tutorials.com

8 comments :

  1. You know what I have, I get emails every Monday from Bette Dowdell, they are called "Quick Takes".

    She's a Christian author and you know me, Jesus is my homeboy. But her takes aren't religious here are some:

    "If you're over 21 and still think somebody else should be responsible for you, you're part of the problem."

    "Fear is the loudest enemy, but it only has the strength you allow."

    "Criticizing is easy. Accomplishing something is hard. Maybe that's why so many limit themselves to the former."

    "If you never fail, you've been playing it way too safe."

    "Never get the idea that the only time to dream is when you're asleep."

    "Self pity is the great destroyer."

    "The saddest words spoken are 'if only'."

    "It takes courage to be who you really are in front of God and the whole world, but it's a lot less effort than pretending to be something you're not."

    "Loving somebody means helping them become their best. Not to please you--although it will--but to delight themselves."

    Okay, I took over the blog, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I enjoy your blog immensely and am glad you and The Universe are in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can tell yourself are "Gorgeous, Magnificent, AND Sublime."

    You really need to see yourself more positively - you are each of those things IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! I'm signing myself up NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty awesome... Cant wait to see what they say about me.. You have an awesome Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great video at Girl Friday's blog. Loved it. Thanks for sharing, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heidi, all great quotes! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    girl friday, thanks and so am I!

    intense guy, such a sweet comment. I'm flattered :)

    mj, haha! Go for it. It's something I've come to look forward to each morning.

    our fantasy, gracias! And I'm sure it'll tell you great things you need to hear.

    tooj, doesn't it make you wish other companies had commercials this fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting emails from The Universe.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.