Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things: Beauty


I thought I'd share some of my beauty must-haves! Some are new discoveries, but most have been my tried and trues for ages now - products I know I can turn to for good results.

1. Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel in Raspberry Rain: I've been using this same shaving gel for ages. Infused with Vitamin E, it leaves my skin super smooth!

2. Clear & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: My combination skin can be problematic so there are only a few products that I trust to put on my face. I find this one really keeps my acne under control without drying it out too much. I switch it up with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser when I wear makeup.

3. Olay Body Wash plus Crème Ribbons: I seriously cannot stop smelling or touching my skin after I shower with this. It's so yummy and makes your skin velvety soft.

4. Dove Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Body Wash: Dove had been my go-to bar soap for my dry skin so when I started using body wash naturally I went with this one. I switch between Dove and Olay because I like them both!

5. Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse: I usually add this after my leave-in for extra frizz protection. I love that it doesn't leave my curls flaky and crunchy- even when I go overboard.

6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin: This lotion is so light, it doesn't make my T-zone oily, but it's enough to keep my dry cheeks moisturized. The SPF 15 is slightly thicker, but also good.

7. Jergens Soothing Aloe Relief Skin Comforting Moisturizer: Another staple of mine. Though I'll always associate Jergens with its original cherry-almond scent, this one packs a punch. I even keep a small bottle at work to soften up my hands after every wash.

8. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion: But over the last few months, my skin has taken a serious beating with the freezing temps, indoor heating and hot showers. So I turned to Aveeno to nurse it back to health. It did the trick in a matter of days and I've been using this one right after showers ever since. It locks in the moisture and I don't have to reapply throughout the day. No more itching or scratching! I just might switch on over to Aveeno for its body washes.

9. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Candy Baby: I'm a lip gloss (and Chapstick Cherry lip balm) girl through and through and I like that I don't have to keep reapplying this one every five seconds. It really lasts and makes my lips all pretty and shiny! A plus since I rarely wear any other type of makeup.

10. Essie Nail Polish: These little bottles are so cutie-petutie and their names are pretty cool. I'm partial to "E-nuff is E-nuff" and "My Way." I think I was on an "I'm awesome" trip when I bought those.

11. Mark Flip For It Color Kit in Tokyo: Major perk from my job: free samples! The beauty director tested this palette on me and found that it compliments my skin tone perfectly. So I can mix and match or use each color separately.

12. Neutrogena Weightless Volume Wax-Free Mascara in Rich Black: Another perk: getting expert advice from people who know about this stuff. The beauty director suggested this mascara after Maybelline's formula kept making my eyes sting. I could put this one on forever and it never gets clumpy or messy. I do want to find something a little more dramatic though. My eyelashes are long, but I could use a little more volume.

13. Garnier Fructis Hydra-Curls: It might be cheap, but works wonders nonetheless. My curls tangle like nobody's business, but with this conditioner I manage to keep some hair on my head after I'm done combing through. And the smell...oh man :)

14. Bumble and bumble Curl Conscious: When I feel like splurging and treating my tresses to some fancy TLC, I use this line. The shampoo is so light, but leaves your hair feeling clean without leaving all that soapy residue so no droopy curls! I use a ton of conditioner so I opt for cheap stuff just because I go through it so quickly, but their leave-in creme rocks. My hair is all bouncy and soft after I use it. Speaking of which, I need to stock up.

So there you have it! Clearly I'm all about smooth skin and smelling delicious (without ever wearing perfume). Looks like I have quite a bit, but I still need to work on the makeup collection - then maybe I'd be tempted to wear it more often.

So what are your beauty must-haves?

13 comments :

  1. I always wonder what nail polish is best...I'll try Essie and see how I like it. Thanks for the tips...I might be re-visiting this post once I am completely done weaning Wee One. IF my face doesn't completely clear on its own, that is. With running, sweating, and 'back to normal' hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aveda's Caribbean Therapy body creme, Sensitive Skin face wash, and the Hydrating face lotion - it's the best; mop's mixed green's shampoo and conditioner; OPI for polish - only because I was a nail tech for 10 years, and it's the longest lasting and has the most color choices - and has the wide professional brush, which makes the color go on easier. Unfortunately, only the European OPI line is 'green' - not that I care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg i don't use anything on my hair other than the Dove body and lift mousse and the Dove Volume shampoo and conditioner its funny how the salon lady keeps saying stop leaving your hair wet, its gonna rot. but i can go a whole year on washing my hair with this shampoo and conditioner and apply plenty of mouse after wash and lo an behold when ever i return to the salon they are always like wow your hair is so healthy, have u been taking care of it lol in my head im like yeah doing the opposite of what u tell me to do. And as for soap internationally imported jabon de cuaba lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanna know what toothpaste you use for that dynamite smile you got...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tooj, glad I could be of some help! Let me know how the process goes :)

    snotty, thanks so much for the extra tips. I actually have an OPI nail polish, but I haven't used it yet. Will do soon and see.

    dariany, I know you loooove Dove products! And yeah that jabon de cuaba from DR is pretty good. Though I've used it to wash clothes, I'm impressed that it doesn't dry out your skin.

    intense guy, That would be a result of nearly two years of braces and Crest Whitening plus Scope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good list, I use some of the products myself!

    I really like Skintimate, too. Sometimes I just buy whatever is on sale or I have coupons for, but in the end, I always prefer Skintimate.

    I use Olay face lotion. Cheap and it keeps my face soft and smooth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Aveeno anything. It is great for moisturizing skin without leaving it too oily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of those would change from month to month on me because they simply stop working (especially the shampoos and conditioners). Ive got combination skin but have developed dry skin on the forhead recently so maybe I'll give that Neutrogena a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sugarlens, skintimate smells so yummy it makes the chore of shaving less painful!

    heidi, yeah I'm really loving their stuff! I used their body wash years ago and will probably buy it again once my Olay one is done. But that won't be for a while. Perk from living alone: toiletries last a lifetime.

    ladystyx, yeah I heard it's good to switch things up every once in a while so your body/hair doesn't get used to that same formula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Content.

    Today while I was surfing the Internet, I came across several interesting articles talking about UV nail lamps and how to use them with gel nail application. I also happened to visit this site Gel-Nails and found amazing variety of UV lamps in American and European style. Some of these lamps also have a timer and a digital display which I think is really cool. And what’s best above all is the super discount that you can get which is 50% and more also for most of the products.

    I guess this is a great offer to grab as there is free global shipping also over a minimum purchase order. So if you are looking out to save money after having spent on gel nails, then check out the great offers here. Maybe you may find much more than what you are looking for as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Skintimate. I use either the one with Lanolin or the one with baby oil, for my dry skin. For my face, I use Nutrogena Advanced Solutions. It has a cleanser, a day lotion and an acne control lotion for nighttime. I tried many things, and that is what works for me. I switch up my body lotion. In the winter, I use Olay Quench, and in the summer I use Suave Sweet Pea and something. I rotate around three different shampoos/conditioners, so my hair doesn't always get the same stuff every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. kendy, thanks for the advertisement...

    chicagolady, great tips! I also switch up my moisturizer. Sometimes I need something heavier and other seasons I can get away with something lighter. It depends on the weather and how much water I've been drinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. [color=#448888]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. dryastoast.blogspot.com really got under my
    [/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#448888]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]

    ReplyDelete

Say word.