Thursday, March 12, 2009

Surprise Wedding

And of course in keeping with ridiculous shows to love (to hate), in comes Surprise Wedding. Heidi rings in (knowing full well I'll get hooked) to tell me about this special.

The premise: five women are ready to get married, but apparently are tired of waiting for their boyfriends to pop the question. So logically, they decided to drag those poor unsuspecting, souls to a nationally televised show in front of a ginormous audience in - where else? - Vegas! The girl - decked out in white - pops in and the sure-to-be-scared guys are finally let in on the secret: she's ready to get married and you've got a couple minutes to consult one person, give an answer and actually go through with it...ON NATIONAL TV AND IN FRONT OF ALL THOSE PEOPLE!!!

So awesomely bad, I love it. This is going to be a disaster. Thank you WE for making me feel saner each day.

It's on right now til 10 PM. Missed the first hour, but I only missed the crazy back stories. Now it's when things will get good...or bad...

Five yeses! (Though I think this third one is headed straight for "What the hell did I just do?")

Geez, lesson learned: if a guy won't marry you, drag him out to national TV and put him between a rock and a hard place. Then he has to say yes. No guarantees it'll last, though. Maybe they could come up with a follow-up show: Surprise Real Life?

6 comments :

  1. I can't remember, who was the 3rd??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes indeed....

    Next show up Surprise Divorces, hosted by Donald "You're Fired" Trump....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That show was ridiculously stupid. I thought it'd be better, but in the end it was kinda sweet.. well I liked the guy that was getting all teary eyed (the one with the cute bubbly girlfriend). He seems sincere. And the last guy seemed sincere too.. and they BOTH got down on one knee..
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea I agree, those were the only 2 that convinced me the other guys were just too scared to say no.

    But I think its so wrong to put a man on the spot like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo glad I didn't hear about that one until now.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.