Saturday, February 7, 2009

Somewhere Is Not Out There


A couple weeks ago I read this wonderful poem by Odessa on freefalling me. Short and sweet, it struck a chord with me.

All my life
I've always dreamed of a somewhere.
It took me awhile to realize
that somewhere is here.

We spend so much time looking and searching for where we think we're supposed to be and where we think we'll be happy instead of realizing that place can be where you are now if you choose to live in the moment. Somewhere doesn't have to be this illusive carrot on a stick. You can have your somewhere right now and eat it too.

Of course, you can always strive for better, but don't push now to the side of the road as you drive off into the horizon in search of something else. Enjoy each road bump and detour. You probably won't realize it now, but later on you'll see how each turn led you to where you are today.

And if you ever get lost just remember: you are here. And go from there.

Image: dicts.info

5 comments :

  1. lovely messege, I totally agree with with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you!

    It's important to have a focus, to have a goal, to know where you want to go.

    However, while trying to get there, it's also just as important to live your life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dorkys,
    thanks for the quote! you're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true. Well said.

    Hello by the way. I dropped off the face of the earth for a while. I don't know if I've completely returned yet, but I wanted to catch up on the blogs. I'm enjoying catching up on yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.