Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boo to the Flu


I’m still sick, but since my body no longer felt like it was run over by an 18-wheeler I came back to work yesterday.

Now I’m shuffling around the office (though not in my pj’s) feeling contaminated and carrying around a bottle of Theraflu to take a swig every four hours. My messy hair is concealed in a bun because Lord knows that craziness should not be set free. I feel gross and would much rather be in bed where I can pretend that few things are sexier than smelling like Vicks VapoRub.

But you know how some people make an extra effort to look good when they feel bad? Yeah, I’m not that person. I know it would probably help to put forth effort as a way of lifting my spirits, but when I feel crummy I totally look it. I’m just too tired, too low, too whatever to go get my hair done and paint my nails. And when I look bad I feel even worse. It’s all a vicious cycle.

Doesn’t help that it’s been in the 50s all week and instead I’m walking around looking like an Inuit.

So what’s your “I’m sick” pick-me-up?

Image: linzworld.wordpress.com

16 comments :

  1. oh, feel better! {I actually try to not look good on sick days so the boss knows I'm REALLY sick ...lol} I hope your day passes quickly so you can get back to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I'm sorry you're still sick Dorkys. Try some chicken soup and lemon zinger tea...they kinda help.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bottle of Nyquil and lots of sleep. Nothing helps me more than that. Oh yeah, and a nice warm blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It stinks to be sick and at work. Television drowns my sick feeling, although I can't recall the last time I was sick. I don't get to stop for sick because of all the brats in my house who act like babies when they don't feel good. Yeah, yeah...they ARE babies, but whatever. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I'm at home: a hot shower. I don't know what it is but if I have a hot shower, I feel a little glimmer of hope!

    If I'm at work: a skim latte with sugar free vanilla or sugar free turtle syrup. Oh...and throw in a scone too. Nothing says, "pick me up" like a little coffee and baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw-get better!!!
    I just love the chicken noodle soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any “I’m sick” pick-me-ups to share, but just wanted to say HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!

    Feeling under the weather totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! Whenever I'm sick, I try to avoid taking anything. I know that sounds weird but I hate pills, especially cold and flu pills. The only time I'll cave on my rule is when I can't fall asleep. In that case, I take a lot of Nyquill because sleep is key. Something that always makes me feel a little better is getting a large bowl, filling it up with water, sticking it in the microwave until it's pretty much boiling and then resting my head about five inches over the bowl with a towel over my head. This forces you to breathe in all the steam which I think feel oh so good. After that, fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi sweetie, try 1tbl honey+ginger+cup of hot water & drink this mixture at least every 3 hrs...works for me, just be prepared to go to WC more frequently. Get well soon babe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being sick and feeling yuck is just another excuse for me to buy a cute outfit. Hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to sound like a broken record - but get well soon! Feel the telepathic hugs and grapes coming to cheer you up...
    I like to play a nice easy games on the computer when I'm ill. Something to take my mind off all aches and pains, but get me relaxed.
    Also bath, bed, early night etc. Hot ribena?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i miss my poppa. hold me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. when i'm sick i act as miserable as possible so people know to leave me the eff alone/let me leave work early.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the feel better messages. I actually had to leave work early yesterday and stay home today because it got worse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My I'm sick thing is to watch movies that I love or TV on DVD for hours and then just zone out.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.