Monday, June 29, 2009

Shecky's Girls Night Out

Saturday night, Anonymous and I went to a fun Shecky's Girls Night Out event. We spent the whole evening looking at clothes, jewelry, accessories, taking pictures, tasting cocktails and beer, trying to snag extra food samples on the low (we were hungry!) and just laughing four hours away. I even considered hosting a Booty Parlour Party! And I treated myself to this beautiful necklace from B.Bohéme: a real leaf preserved in gold.



















We even got goodie bags with our tickets! Mine had all sorts of fun stuff, coupons and samples: magnets with cocktail recipes, four purse-sized Aveeno moisturizers and lip balm, yummy veggie chips and microwavable chocolate cake for one, hair accessories, Alka-Seltzer, zero-calorie ices, tiny toothbrushes, a flexible tote, teeth whitener, nail polish, a 4-blade razor and bikini cream, eye drops, a sweet eau de toilette sample from The Body Shop, Aunt Flow stoppers both big and small, Yes To Carrots products, a Meg Cabot book and a Harlequin novel about a ranch and cowboy lovers...or something like that. We were in the train station looking through our bags like two kids on Noche Buena.

I'm not usually into fashion and beauty events, but I had such a fun night hanging out I definitely wouldn't mind going again in the fall! They host events in several cities so check if they'll swing by your neck of the woods, too.

Image: sfindiefashion.com

12 comments :

  1. Gosh I just love that smile - :)

    And I also enjoy that sassy smirk Anonymous has too...

    That leaf preserved in gold looks really neat. I want to preserve my hugging tree that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks so fun! That necklace is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one of those goodie bags! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want a baggie :-( and a necklace lol...pa la proxima llevame :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your necklace! My friend and I had signed up a while back for the event in Houston in the fall. I can't wait now after seeing your goodie bag! You guys look like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this looks like so much fun!!! i love the goodie bag. will definitely check out if they're coming to SF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, I have to say....I LOVE that anon poses in every picture you have of her!!! LOL Always....posing. Love it. It reminds me of T.O.

    These goodie bags sound FABulous. I know you don't use that word, but I do. Why? Because it just SOUNDS fun. :) Oh, and I couldn't get the comment box to pop up on your give away for the book. :( Boo hoo me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like alotta fun! That's a beautiful necklace you picked out. You the next step, right? A picture with you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. intense guy, a whole tree might be a bit much for your neck, don't you think?

    dariany, their next event in the city is Oct 16-23rd. I received an email last week with an offer for 50% off their tickets until July 15. Let me know if you want to go :)

    joy, Oh I think you'll really enjoy it. There were so many vendors there!

    odessa, san francisco: nov 11-12.

    tooj, she's a ham. She's ALWAYS ready for her shot. And then she'll go on to say they all look bad and we have to take 20 more of her.

    ladystyx, I've yet to wear, but I'll try to remember to take a pic with it on when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog article and pics too, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Those picture frames are beautiful!. Thanks for sharing it. Looking forward to know more about girls nights out.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.