Friday, June 12, 2009

Actually, It Was a Great Night for Baseball

Tonight I realized that I don't think you could have a bad seat in the Met's new stadium. Citi Field seems a lot more open and lower than Shea Stadium was so even if you're in the highest tier (we were right below that one), you still get a great view of the action. And what a game it was!

The Mets had a 3-1 lead until the 7th inning when the Phils tied the score. The game had to go for an extra inning and then the Phillies hit a 3-run homer to win the game 6-3 in the 10th! So dad was eh, my sister was too busy fretting over the losing Yankees to pay full attention to the game she was actually attending and I was dancing in my seat.

As for the weather, it was a nice misty night as the fog slowly set down over the field.










7 comments :

  1. I remember going to Shea Stadium to see the Mets play whenever I visited New York as a teenager. Cheap $5 tickets!

    A night out with sister and dad, how fun. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You got to see an exciting game and with the extra inning got 11% more game for your money! Your dad looks happy hugging your sister!

    Did you catch that winning homerun ball?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun. :) I need to get my kids to a ball game...soon. If the weather would cooperate. We haven't had good days strung together yet to make any definitive plans. And taking asthmatic kids out into indecisive weather is a bad combo. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time!! Thanks for the visit from SITS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! I LOVE baseball games! I went to a few Braves games, No... you can't have a bad seat. Though I'm usually there for the hotdogs anyway ;)

    Adorable blog, I found you through SITS. And you and your man are CUUUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sugarlens, wow $5 tickets? I wish!! I scored some great seats at the end of last year for $25. Let's just say that price range doesn't even exist in the new stadium.

    intense guy, no I was nowhere close! And I guess I did get a little more game for my buck. I didn't even think of it that way. Then again, at that time I was just thinking of my bed.

    tooj, neither have we. It's been rainy and gloomy and yet surprisingly warm. So I'll go off to work with a jacket on to nearly have a heat stroke when I reach the train station. Annoying.

    amanda, thanks for stopping by!

    future mama, God I hope you're not talking about that picture of my SISTER and my DAD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. idk oti, poppa is one handsome man ;-) and that she thought I was you, well you should just be flattered *_*

    ReplyDelete

Say word.