Saturday, January 9, 2010

27 Things Update

Well we're coming down the home stretch and I only did a little more than half the things on my list this year. Unfinished projects...it's pretty much the story of my life.

2. Travel to a new country- Failed, but I did visit a new part of a country I'm tired of visiting: DR.

3. Take swimming lessons- By the time I finally got moving on this...it was way too cold to swim.

4. Find my own go-to cafe- Didn't really need to before. Now that I'm freelancing I might make an effort to shower earlier, get dressed and get the hell up out of this house.

5. Finish the hallway photo gallery- What can I say? I'm lazy and I don't mind how it currently stands seeing as how nobody else is coming over to see it.

6. Design 5 greeting cards each month- What was I even thinking with this?!

8. Write a letter to one extra friend each month (eight)- Is it bad that the eight I did write were all in one month because I tried to keep a leg on this thing?

12. Tell one person I love them every day...and mean it- Saying "I love you" is HARD. Remembering to say it even though it's known is also hard.

14. Have a sleepover filled with junk food and chick flicks- Time...where did you go?

15. Host a cocktail party- Does it count if it was a party for one? What?! Drinks at the club are expensive!

16. Plant sunflowers in the spring- I tried, I really did, but they were not cooperating so I just let them die. I'm so nurturing :)

23. Speak up- I think I added this because I was running out of good things for the list. Blah.

24. Face three fears (one, two)- Hmm, well I went rock climbing at a gym with A. today despite my lame fear of falling. Does that count?

Image: flickr.com

11 comments :

  1. You did accomplish a lot from your list. Just stopping by from SITS! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should def try 101 things in 1,001 days project. that gives you 2.75 years to get things accomplished!!!

    here's the link to start:

    http://www.dayzeroproject.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that one floating around, but have never taken the plunge. Hmm, another project I will probably never get close to completing does sound mighty tempting though. I think I'm just scared by the fact that I'd have to think of 101 things to do! Can I add "breathe" on the list?

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you even made a list. I like lists...lists where I can check off buying groceries or errands I need to run, but anything that involves work on myself I tend to stay away from. Terrible, right? I just want to AVOID.

    If I look back on your year (from what you've shared here) I would say that you've done a lot of work. Truly. You should be proud. You've faced some of your fears, you're continuing to navigate your life well, you've opened your heart to the possibility of someone else...these and more are significant and something to feel good about. Just my 2 cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww thanks so much for the encouraging words, Heidi! I love lists too if only to feel as if I made SOME progress in my life, but sometimes it makes you realize how much you've yet to do. My lists are always never-ending. Thanks for sticking around and reading about my (non)accomplishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to see a list of things you didn't list but did anyway...

    :)

    I figure with a list like this one - even 30-40% complete is a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think scratching anything off that list should be considered success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, number 24 does indeed count!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are honest and admit that you failed. At most of these. LOL Lists are fun to create....and horrible at being kept track of. Make another so you can redo this post next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woman, you're supposed to be supportive! Don't set me up to fail!

    But yeah, had to keep it real. I failed miserably. Oh well! :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I don't get the greeting cards thing. I think 5 in a year would be amazing, much less each month!
    I think you should definitely do the sleepover thing and soon. It sounds really fun.
    I like this list-it's better than a New Year's Resolution list. I might have to make one of my own... Good luck with yours, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.