Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Village Tart

Yesterday, my buddy Tai took me down to Nolita to check out a new bakery/café/wine bar/lounge called The Village Tart. Turns out the place was having its soft launch that very evening and was serving complimentary food and drinks (with donations going to Haiti)!

The interior is very intimate and perfect for a laid-back romantic date or just catching up with close friends. With marble table tops, a (non-functioning) fireplace and comfy nooks, it has just the right mix of fancy and casual. And I'm nowhere near a narcissist, but I couldn't get enough of their walls of mirrors. What a great way to make the space look bigger while employing each one as a piece of art!

The Village Tart will serve a selection of sweet and savory tarts (their salted caramel one was mmm!) along with other "uncomplicated foods." Didn't know eating could turn into an issue, but I'll gladly take my chances with this one.

14 comments :

  1. The place look nice, i will have to check it out one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky! I have never been to a soft opening, that would be fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh looks so tasty! I love cute little places like that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this is my kind of place. you know how much i love dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I imagine people will be lined up outside to get into that place. The tarts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If those are tarts at the bottom they look delish! I miss NYC so much and you give me my NY shot. Thanks.

    My best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place is seriously cute.
    I miss NYC again.
    I need to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I miss NY!!!!

    So glad you are enjoying it for me. You probably don't realize how blessed you are, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks soo good!

    P.S. found your site on 20sb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish my little "people" tarts would hurry up and learn to cook. That way I could leave them at home and go to places like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so glad that we went there. i want to sample the other goodies... and have another salted caramel tart... we have to return for the grand opening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was just there tonight and it was fully open (until 10p, but they let you lounge until about 11p).
    another great experience and the staff is sooo attentive, but respect your space. i took my amiga linda and she had the dulce de leche filled carrot cake!?! yum!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.