Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to the Gloomy Cold. Oh Flippin' Joy.

If you followed my tweets recently you'd know that I was away on a press trip this week and just got in yesterday. I had a wonderful time, but it's such a drag to leave 70 degree weather for what we've got going now. Oh, and not only was I greeted by rain and 35 mph winds, but I also lost my camera somewhere. Ain't that some kind of wonderful? Grrr...

On the plus size side, in between eating nonstop and tasting 5,000 wines and drinks, I put on a couple pounds. I'm just hoping they'll stick around for a while. And to brighten up this dreary day a bit, this morning I received a delivery: my winnings from Joy De Vivre Design's weekly Etsy shop contest! Now I can take my coffee table from junk holder to dinner table in a matter of seconds. You can get score these colorful placemats on Wing And Willow.

UPDATE: My camera has been found and will be shipped to me soon! Phew!

Image: etsy.com

13 comments :

  1. How'd you win? I never win! :) lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're young, gorgeous, smart and in NYC. I think you can handle little things like temporary crummy weather, right??

    Head up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather definitely gets to me too; I am not okay with cold and rain at the same time at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hating the weather here recently! Congrats on the win, always fun. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that your camera was found...it's so frustrating to think you lost something, possibly forever. That's how I felt about the perkiness in my boobs after baby #1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad they found your camera. That would just be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. So glad they found your camera! That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your camera was found, and hope it's back with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL@Tooj!

    Gosh, I should have put my coffee down before reading this...

    I'm really glad your camera was found! 5,000 wines?? Goodness, you must be nearly pickled.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you are enjoying your placemats. They are so cute!

    So did Texas treat you well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was happy when it reached 40 on Sunday, 70 would be heaven on earth. Love the placemats, they are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 5000 wines is beyond pickled, iggy, it's more like marinated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the artist behind wing & willow is my good friend.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.