Monday, November 9, 2009

Greetings from an Undisclosed Location

Hi foolios! I know I've left you all in the dark for the past four days, but I've got my excuses all lined up and ready to go:

- Last week was all about researching and writing a piece for the magazine. So after transcribing interview after interview I just couldn't think of anything other than that story. In fact, I still can't because this week it's all about working on those edits my editor e-mailed in today.

- Oh by the way, I'm not even in NYC. Sunday morning I flew off on a press trip and won't be back in the city 'til Thursday night. I'll give you details, like where the hell I am, and more photos once I do a write-up for our site. Compared to home, it's a whole 'nother world. For one thing, it's so pitch black at night, the stars look amazing! And the other journalists have been so fun :)

- I know I never chose a winner for last week's Monday Giveaway. Sue me. Let's pretend it's this week's too and I'll choose someone on Friday. Also, the winner of the red foldout makeup bag never got back to me so that means there's still a chance for those that entered for it!

So fill me in: what's up on your end?

P.S. Have I ever mentioned how much I love free WiFi? Because I looove free WiFi!

11 comments :

  1. Excited to see where you are!
    By the way I got the green makeup bag in the mail, thanks!! Already putting it to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    Hope you are enjoying that "undisclosed location"!

    Hmmm... it must be out in the sticks somewhere... watch out for the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, so mysterious!

    Can't wait to hear all about your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are at some rural place. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. City people don't realize how easily you can see the stars if you just venture out a bit. :) It's pretty amazing, isn't it? To glance up and see them all....? Just driving to and from my college town to my home, I get plenty of pitch dark views, and I love glancing out the window and seeing the stars.

    I hope you continue to have MUCHO fun. We are not. But don't feel badly...well, at least not TOO badly. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds as though you're enjoying yourself at the undisclosed location. Hope you continue to do so. :)

    Not much has been going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you must be in MN!! :)

    can't wait to hear about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having a great time wherever you are!

    I love seeing the stars, but here we usually can only see a few since there are so many lights around. :( Sometimes it is cool to get away from the city!

    Can't wait to read all about your adventure when you get home! Have a safe trip back to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gravy am I tired! I just spent 12 hours walking, hiking, seeing the sights, stuffing my face, getting driven around and walking some more. Sooo ready for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a real person jerb where I can fly away to places and make peepz jellerz by writing about mah trip on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.