Monday, July 20, 2009

My Weekend Picked Up

Saturday

The BBQ turned out really good (Heidi's chicken is always off the hook) and we lucked out with gorgeous weather. It was a fun little group with good conversation (mostly about boys, of course). I even took Toby to finally meet Charlie even though he and I were still not on speaking terms. He spent the day running and hopping around acting like a little brat. But we did stage a cute photo shoot to go along with an upcoming article. Let's see if any of them make it into the mag. Kudos to Dariany for the great shots (and there were quite a bit)! We should do it more often ;)

When I got back home around 11 PM, my other cousin surprised me with a visit. She just needed some comfort and I spent the next two hours trying my best to give her just that.

Sunday

Dear Lord was that day long. I had a bunch of chores and errands to do including the one I'd been avoiding for a month: laundry (dun dun dun). For all you lucky fools who complain about walking a couple feet to your washing machine, imagine going up and down four flights of stairs and walking down the block with a 40 lb bag of sheets and clothes. I bet it looked like the ginormous yellow bag sprouted arms and legs and started walking down the street by itself.

My cousin stopped by again and after some hours listening to music and talking, we walked on over to Target for a little field trip. Why is it that Tar-jay is always an acceptable "outing?" It doesn't matter if that's all you're going to do, but you will create an event out of just going there. Or maybe that's just me and my friends...

14 comments :

  1. Aaahhhh...you and Tobes are too cute. :) And you're such a cute dress wearer....very nice. I can't ever find a dress that length that I like ON me. Glad to see you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm a rarely wears dresses wearer, too. It needs to be such a perfect day for me to put one on. And still I'll buy one and leave it to "age" in my closet for a couple years before I put it on. This one (from H&M) was worn for the first time on a 1-yr anniversary trip to the beach with Mr. First back in '07 and then never again 'til this weekend.

    Have a couple others waiting to be untagged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I like how you just gave him a nickname...

    The sis insists on calling him Tobias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A picture of a huge-o-mongus yellow bag with arms and legs would have bee pretty cool -

    But hey, I'll console myself with looking at the other ones.

    Toby, Tobias, Tobes... Inna Dog House Toby looks like he had a lot of fun with Chuck, Charles, Charlie, Charly-oh.

    And those white shoes look yummy (I mean to look at, not to chew)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you with the laundry! In my first townhome I had to carry the laundry to the other side of the community to get the laundry facility! My husband and I only had one car at the time, and with our work schedules we were usually gone at different times, so I couldn't even load them in the car to drive over there most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks great on you! Cute pics of you and the pup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. leave it to my photographer cousin to get some great shots of you and tibby-tibs (YES another nickname, since you hate TOBIAS!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah...turns out I don't like Tibby-Tibs either. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL@ letting the dress age! Like a fine wine, it only gets better, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hear you on Target, girl. also, i'm super jealous you have one within walking distance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup! Ten minutes away. Though I try super hard not to go there so often. You always end up buying something - anything - in that place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Target is always a field trip lol....and i always come out with way more than i had in mind when i went in...damn them and their alluring low prices that rack up like hell when youre at the register lol... the shots do look nice , they look better on my pc screen than on the lil camera one...we do need to do it more often...porque dama never wants to join me when i wanna do photo shoots in the park...im keeping a list of so far 2 failed attempts with her lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I ALWAYS want to go off shooting pics, but have no one to go with. Ooh let's, let's!! We could go to Central Park and Bryant Park and Fort Tryon and the Brooklyn Bridge and the A train...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, first. How cute are you in that dress?? Adorable!

    It's true...going to Target is an event. I'm not sure why that is either, but it is.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.