Monday, July 20, 2009

Dating in the Dark

Is anyone else seeing this new reality dating show? The premise of Dating in the Dark (ABC, 10 PM EST): three men and three women dating...in the dark. They live in separate parts of the same house and only get to interact with the opposite sex in a dark room (we get to see everything though). Sparks might or might not fly between any of them and at the end of the show they reveal what they look like. What will they think of next? Date My Dog? I'll report on this later.

"I have no idea what I just kissed in there. I hope to God that when all is revealed I didn't end up with a guy who looks like Shrek." Ha!

"He's NOTHING like I imagined. He's the kind of guy you bring home to mom and she'll say, 'He's lovely boy, Lainie. He's a lovely boy.'"

Ok, so far the guys are beyond happy with the ladies' looks. The women...eh, not so much. Do we just have higher hopes and unrealistic expectations when it comes to looks?

Aww! One guy got rejected! After they shared so much with and about each other, she chose not to come out and meet him on the balcony and just left without saying adios. So sad :(

Apparently she just didn't feel that physical attraction once she saw him. I think if they spent more time getting to know each other in the dark, his personality would've trumped his looks and that connection they felt earlier might have had a fighting chance. She still could've given it a shot! Not like she's getting any younger...

Interesting show/ concept. I'll probably try to catch it from time to time!

If you watched, did you like it?

Image: ca.tv.yahoo.com

10 comments :

  1. Did it just start on your end? I cannot WAIT for some disappointments here.

    Does that make me a bad person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *do* hope it's "[Your dog can] Date My Dog".

    I saw a glimpse of this as a flipped through the channels last night - I saw the "He's NOTHING like I imagined. He's the kind of guy you bring home to mom..." bit and *hurried* on to the next channel... any channel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Just "Date My Dog." I don't think it's too far-fetched.

    Hee hee...I'm too lame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched it and liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't bring myself to watch this. I keep thinking, not another reality show about dating, looks, and something that doesn't go anywhere...but, who knows....i may break down and watch anyway....how I miss you, Fall TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know. This is what we've been reduced to for the summer. I need LOST!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.