Monday, May 18, 2009

A Wish from the Universe

My wish for you, Dorkys, is that you succeed beyond your wildest imagination. That you find love in places that astound you. And that you have friends who call you "just because." I dream that you go barefoot more than you wear shoes. That you play as hard as you work. And that you laugh more than you cry. I want you to set the bar high, but not too high. To reach for the stars, but with your toes on the ground. And to never, ever stop dreaming. But most of all, Dorkys, I wish for your happiness. And these dreams of mine are what started it all.

Besos,

The Universe


P.S. You're right on track, Dorkys.

I think I need to print this and keep a copy with me at all times. I wish these things for me too only sometimes I forget I do. The Universe has surely sent this message to countless others, but I’m pretending this one was written especially for me. I mean he even signed off in Spanish! (Apparently I think The Universe is male.)

I also loved that I received this today.

*After a week of beating myself up over my lack of motivation and progress.

*After scrolling through my contact list in my head and realizing that right now there’s no one I’d feel comfortable talking about my feelings over the Mr. First situation. Not to belittle the enormous support I received the first year, but now I feel the subject will only be met with mental eye rolls and “Still??” I miss talking to T. Even if I had to pay her to listen.

*Days after wondering how I’ll ever meet The One or even Mr. Next when I work all day, sleep all night and rarely meet new people. I miss school.

*Moments after wishing I could run barefoot in the grass like Tooj’s boys, but knowing I’d probably lose my feet due to an infection.

*After a weekend of wanting to play with watercolors and creativity, but choosing to do work instead.

I tear up and I’m sad more than I laugh and I smile. I fear I won’t accomplish all that I want to do. And I spend my days and nights dreaming but usually of what was and rarely of what could someday be.

I rarely see the stars shine over this city, but still I look up as I walk and hope that one will peek through.

11 comments :

  1. why didn't the universe hit me up?! ps. no creas no, k im at school and have been my entire life y todavia... NA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the universe's message too...ps. i know what u mean about the contact list and the mental eye rolls...somethings you just need to deal with internally though....cus no one knows your situation better than you... and who knows maybe this is the message meant for you at this exact moment...have you ever watched a movie or heard a song that gets you thinking about things and relates so much to you at the moment...i like to think its "who ever is up there"'s way of talking to you or giving you a pick me up. :) "smile because you can"...my motto for now...oohh and today i got a new one also ..."believe that dreams come true everyday ... because they do"....LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. dama, pero por lo menos hay mas posibilidades adentro que afuera. You're around people your age who have things in common with you and you get to socialize with new people all the time. Despues que termines estas con el mismo circulo.

    dariany, thanks so much little cuz! About the internalizing, that's what I've been doing for months now. Don't know if it's helping much. Because I think about it so much during the day, I end up dreaming about it at night. I do just keep things to myself and hope the feelings just fade. Comes and goes, my dear.

    And yup, I've come across messages in songs, books, random places where it just clicks and I go, "That's EXACTLY how I feel" or it was just what I needed to hear at that moment. The Universe is clever like that I guess. I love your two messages and I love you too. Thanks so much for the support :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Really beautiful. And you are definitely on the right track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't underestimate the restraint your friends will have if you ask them to. :) If you preface a phone call or face to face with "no eye rolling please...I just need a friend"...you'll get one. I'm sure of it. If not, there is always FB (and me) open to discussion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your true friends will be there for you, no matter how many times you want to talk about Mr. First.

    Sounds like you need to do a wee bit more playing. Get out there and do it! Enjoy life while you're young.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dittos ChicagoLady's comment.

    Your true friends will stick with ya... and...

    Go outside and play... and flash that smile of yours at the boys... You'll meet someone, I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those little Wish from the Universe emails. I signed up after I read one of your posts and they really make me smile sometimes when I am having a crappy day!

    I'm sorry you still miss Mr. First so much, even though I don't know all of your back story with him. Sometimes when you get into your normal daily routine it is so hard to meet new people. It is even harder to have to smile and pretend to be happy when you are not. If you ever need to talk to an unbiased party, you know how to reach me.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. heidi, thank you and I sure hope so!

    tooj, oh I'm sure they'd hear me out if I asked them to. I just feel like I've beaten the subject to death many times over by now. I just don't want to keep bugging people to hear me talk about it even though there's still stuff left to say. Thing is I could talk about it until the cows come home and it will not make a difference. Because I won't be telling these things to the person I need to tell them to.

    chicagolady, I've got a long weekend coming up and I intend to do just that. Sad that I actually have to plan to play and force myself to have guilt-free fun time. It's not like I work 24/7, but I'll usually waste time not doing anything extremely exciting either. The culprit? This laptop. I need a technology detox.

    intense guy, oh no no. This smile's my secret weapon! Can't be dishing it out all willy nilly. But then again, maybe I could be a tad more liberal with the "hey there" smile.

    joy, I'm so happy to hear you like them too! They're one of the first things I read when I get to my computer in the morning and it's so nice to start the day with a positive message.

    Oh yeah, it's way hard to have to "fake it until you make it." The "making it" part is taking a little longer than I'd hoped and I'm very impatient with myself. You're right about falling into a routine especially when you don't even notice what's already around you (big fault of mine since I rush around without actually looking around)! Thanks so much for lending an ear :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love that message. i want to sign up for it now!

    and yes, i hear you. i'm too hard on myself too. its the eldest child, overachiever in me. but i'm learning to let go as i fumble along. i'm sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe it's because we want to set an example for the younger ones. Or as the first-born, make our parents proud of us. And you should def sign up! The website is tut.com.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.