Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 5: (Sea) Lions & Tigers & Birds, Oh My!

Ocean World day! We'd signed up to go bright and early to this adventure park/marina located 10 minutes away from the resort. We were on a budget so we opted for the general admission pass without all the extra bells and whistles (like swimming with the animals). We were still able to see all the shows and other people interact with the dolphins and sharks. The dolphins were so unbelievably cute that - obviously - I've decided I want one someday. I mean think about it: a dolphin is a pet, a jet ski, surfboard, a clown and life saver all rolled up into one adorable creature.

By the way, I'd like to mention that while I was taking pictures of the animals, Anonymous was focused on more important things: their trainers. In fact, I'm pretty sure she fell in love 50 times over there.

We also saw the bird and sea lion shows and all I have to say is that I'm a bit freaked out by what these animals can be trained to do.














The tiger grotto was pretty cool. There was a big pool area where you could swim right up to them and have nothing but a piece of glass between you and the two tigers. I did not jump in.














Over the course of the day, the three of us were trying to figure out where to go for our final night. A part of us wanted to get out of the resort to go hang out with the locals (aka people who can dance), but we would also be three single girls out on the sketchy town by ourselves. So no lie, we told about eight different guys we were going to three different places. Numbers were exchanged, meet-up spots were set and at the end of the day, we decided to stay at the resort and go to Pacha for some second-hand smoking fun.












At least Pacha was seriously bumpin that night. Why? Because there was an infiltration of 10,000 Dominicans at the resort. Apparently, it was a holiday weekend (Labor Day) and because we travel in packs of 10-15 everyone and their mother, grandmother, aunt, la prima, el vecino y la que vive al lado del colmado showed up. So what used to be a nice day by the pool turned into a noisy, hot mess with kids cannonballing into the water and running all over the place. Thank goodness it happened at the end of the trip.

9 comments :

  1. Sounds like a blast. Even the wild party at the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll trade you:) Your trip looks and sounds fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dolphins, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiger grotto sounds cool. Very thrilling. The Ocean World looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if that guy on the dolphins is a trainer....tell anonymous I'm with her. those calves....mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now me, I woulda been right in the water up near the glass to see the tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that picture of the kissing dolphins!

    :)

    Thanks for all the pictures! I feel like I'm along on the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been with LadyStyx, in the water, by the tigers, and I would have dragged you with kicking and screaming, lol. You'd thank me for it later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! You know what? I think you're absolutely right! Sometimes I just need a little push...or pull :)

    ReplyDelete

Say word.