Friday, January 23, 2009

Get Lost

Well I finally went out and rented season 4 of Lost. I couldn't watch the season premiere on Wednesday because I've yet to catch up, but this ends now! Especially since things are getting riskier what with commercials sneaking up on me during my regularly scheduled TV programs and morning radio shows.

I even freaked out the other night when a commercial with jungles, lakes and rugged people came on TV. I reached for the remote with the only quickness while trying to drown out the sound so I wouldn't hear any spoilers.

Turns out it was a commercial for Survivor. On a completely different channel.

Whatev. They're practically the same show...only not really.

Btw, I'm only three episodes in (and yes, I just started two hours ago) and I'm so unbelievably confused already. Now my head hurts.

*****
Hey did anyone else see American Idol on Wednesday? I really liked the last girl who sang (her own song at that). She was cute, fun and could actually sing. Anybody have an early fave?

*****
I think I stumbled upon a new show I might like. In Lie To Me (FOX, Wednesdays, 9 PM EST), Tim Roth (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction) plays a deception expert who can tell when someone is lying by reading into every action, every word and every expression. Doesn't hurt that I have this thing for English accents, too ;)

Image: watchlost4.com

10 comments :

  1. Watching some of American Idol, don't know girl you are talking about.

    Haven't seen Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, been watching Idol. I'm an addict. I usually don't start getting any serious favorites until the Hollywood round. During the auditions there are too many awful singers for me to focus on the good ones. And besides, most of the good ones we haven't even heard yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i saw the bus add for lie to me and i was intrigued hmm i dunno if i can fit it in my schedule though...ha watch as soon as i start seeing this show ima be acting like i can decipher when someone is lying

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just saw the first epi....and omg i cant wait to put what i learned into practice

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaya, oh you don't know what you're missing.

    chicagolady, true. Hopefully this year my attention spans hold through to the Hollywood round.

    dariany, lol!! Yay a fellow fan. Did you like it? And don't lie to me. I can totally tell if you are by what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a die-hard Lost fan. This season is off to an interesting start to say the least!

    You're the second person to say that they like Lie to Me. I think I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the last girl on Idol too, the one that said that she had grown up poor right?

    And I saw like 10 to 15 minutes of Lie to me and thought that looked like a good show. It can definitely pull me in.

    Anyways leaving to my aunt's house now, in the freezing cold winter weather!!! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorkys, you have GOT TO WATCH The United STated of Tara on Showtime, Sundays at 10. It's really really good. About thie lady living with multiple personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so lost when it comes to Lost that I don't even really want to watch it anymore. Just tell me the ending already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. heidi, you totally should. And I'm still working on Season 4! Hopefully I'll be done by this weekend.

    heidi, let it pull you. Don't fight it. The best part is that it JUST started. No need to rent four seasons worth of episodes and watching til your eyeballs fall out.

    anonymous, oh I kept seeing ads for that show (where? oh on the subway of course), but wasn't sure what it was about. Too bad I don't have premium channels though.

    sugarlens, haha. Yeah, I'm kind of getting there too. But I still don't want anybody to spoil it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.