Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Popbar

Imagine a store were rows upon rows of handcrafted gelato, sorbetto and froyo on a stick await you in endless flavors, layers and add-ons. Popbar's smooth and tasty ice cream bars are made daily from fresh fruits and natural ingredients imported from Italy. After the initial shock at the variety they offer, you can either pick one pre-made or customize your own myPop with three different kinds of chocolate dips and toppings like nuts, shredded coconut, granola, brownie chunks or biscotti crumbles just to name a few. Kind of takes popsicles to a whole new level, doesn't it?

My mango sorbetto bar was just the refreshing treat I needed to hold off on dinner and cool off in the summer heat. I'm just sad it was done so quickly!

Sidenote: I felt a bit silly standing in the empty store and taking pictures of the popbars until three women came in and started doing the same. "Oh, now I don't feel so bad!" I exclaimed.

"Have you ever seen so many?!" asked one.
"What does it meeeaaaan?" asked the other.
"It's starting to look like a triplelicious!" I added as we all laughed. Then A. and I walked out the shop, popsicles in hand, marveling and smiling at the fact that we all got the crazy rainbow guy reference.

9 comments :

  1. *giggles at the double rainbow reference*

    That popbar looks uber cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the best place on earth! I. AM. JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC has so many cool things to offer. Forget those gourmet cupcakes, I want some popbars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen anything like it.
    I want to open one. Their presentation is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Someone needs to open a place like that where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your town has the coolet sh*t ever. Could be because it's NYC, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I just went to watch that rainbow video....I admit I don't have time to click on all the happy Friday links sometimes...I missed this one. SERIOUSLY?????????????? I almost, *almost* wish I felt the way he feels about rainbows about...ANYTHING. Aside from my kids, of course. I feel that way about them.

    Wait, no I don't. He's freaky psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT ARE ALL OF THOSE FLAVORS?!? MMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw man. This place looks like so much fun. Must. go. there. What a fun find!

    ReplyDelete

Say word.