Friday, August 13, 2010

Miniature Pencil Point Sculptures

Check out Dalton Ghetti's tiny carvings meticulously sculpted out of pencil graphite. The Brazilian-born Connecticut-based artist/ carpenter has been honing his skill for 25 years using razor blades, sewing needles, sculpting knives, crazy eagle-eye vision and a whole lot of patience to create his designs. A single project can take several months to complete (though his toughest took two and a half years) and once done, Ghetti refuses to sell his pieces, instead choosing to give them away as gifts and sell photos of the finished works.

Images: oddstuffmagazine.com

8 comments :

  1. Those are amazing. I'm in awe of peoples' talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow! I can't imagine having the patience (or the eyesight) for something like that. How incredible though! And the fact that he refuses to sell gives it even more of a wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rose, I know. My head hurts just thinking about the work he puts into these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely amazing. I am so jealous of his friends because I want one of those so bad. My patience just wouldn't allow me to do something so detail-oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think photos would be cool. You could line a wall with several of these in a fun room in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yegads... look at how small and tiny and little all those details are!!

    I'd never be able to do something like that -

    I is jealous and admiring and awed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.