Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Friday!

Yay it's almost weekend time! I'm about to start prepping for a mini-dinner party tonight. I invited A., my sis and her bf over for some food and bonding time so that should be fun...unless there's a cooking disaster.

You might not recognize Steve McCurry's name, but you're probably familiar with his work. Here are 22 more amazing photos of exotic lands far far away. (via [BB-Blog])
As a visual person, I love infographics. Here are two I just discovered: movies and fast food.
Five reusable, plastic-free straws.
Seafood lovers might like this handy guide on what's safe to eat and what's not. (via Stephmodo)
I reeaally want this scratch map!
Beer popsicles? Um, no thanks.
Good gravy is this "Can We Date?" flowchart detailed.
CUTE = Penguins chasing a butterfly (This kid doesn't fall far behind though.)

Happy Friday everyone :)

5 comments :

  1. Good luck! What's on the menu?

    By the way, I really like your Happy Friday series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! And on the menu we have penne a la already-made vodka sauce, chicken a la TBD, garlic bread, salad, some apps before all that, this sparkling strawberry lemonade drink that I hope doesn't taste like crap aaaand I said I wouldn't do cupcakes, but I got an idea that I simply must try. I'll make sure to post pics if all goes according to plan.

    P.S. This is going to sound weird, but you and your family popped up in my dreams last night. We were just hanging out at your house with the dogs. It was very nice to "meet" you :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kid "hooping" was too cute, agreed. And the penguins? Yup. Makes me want to go to the zoo, except it's so darn hot.

    I hope your evening goes well and that your evening with the sugarlens family was good too! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah I only remember being around the computer and chatting. I think her latest post was the culprit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the mini dinner party goes to plan.

    ReplyDelete

Say word.