Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Giant Cupcake Attempt

Since my brother's 19th (yikes!) birthday was yesterday, I thought it would be incredibly sweet of me to go over and bake him a cake. Oh, but not just any cake: a giant cupcake using this awesome gift Joy De Vivre sent to me earlier this year for my own bday. Thing is, it's been six months later and I'd yet to use it! Now was as good a time as any, I thought.

Too bad the devil lurks in my mom's crazy oven and uses hell fire to burn our hard efforts to bits (which it did with our first batch of TMNT cupcakes). When my sister and I saw that within minutes our cake was browning over, we turned the temperature down...and kept turning it on, off, low, higher for about an hour with no success. There was so much batter in the pan that the inside simply refused to bake without burning the outer edges even further. So we salvaged what we could, dressed it in icing and sprinkles and called it a day. Hopefully next time around I'll get an entire cupcake instead of a baked titty.

10 comments :

  1. Well I think the cake looks awesome, even after a nightmare oven experience! :)

    L x

    http://only-halfdressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance's sister has the same giant cupcake tin and made one for her and her husband's anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd guess that a 19 year old boy would much prefer a baked titty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really nicely decorated... and it really is the thought that counts...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I agree with foxy! I am pretty sure it worked out better for him! The top came out pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you serious about your cupcakes. Looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How thoughtful of you to bake your brother a cake. I don't think I ever did that for any of my bros. And all that sprinkles...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They say the top is the best part anyway. :) Er, maybe that only applies to muffins. I think it should apply to both so there you have it!

    -Chelle

    ReplyDelete

Say word.